Shed purchased!

coldel

Depends what you define as shed. Personally thats not a shed for me either.

My mate bought one like that a couple of weeks back, 54 plate i think, £3500. Not a bad car at all, i fitted new brake pads on it for him and he`s booked it in with a service with me in a few weeks time. Nice big boot on them.. can get a couple of bodies in there nicely.

I bought a 20k mile 56 reg mondeo for my mrs as a winter shed (2nd car) last year and we still have it. She hates it but it's awesome in the snow, has a boot for 2 dogs, heated front screen etc etc. I class it as a shed but still a good car and one we don't care about too much :lol::thumbs:

1.8 petrol this one - wife loves it so she is happy - will be a good substitute for the Zed for the couple of weeks where we might get snow and crap on the roads down here. Personally its a shed, it will get full of food, bits and pieces, get clattered by edges of buggies and what not, and it doesnt matter :thumbs: because its not the Zed ;)

PS, wife is at the Xmas meal - no one mention that I called it a shed!

:lol:

How are you insuring this shed? I looked at the idea of getting a shed and for something similar, id be looking at 700quid to insure it. Which when I factored in MOT, roadtax, tyres and depreciation it was just going to cost far too much.

We rang our insurers who stuck it on - we didnt get the multicar thing as insurance is out of sync at the moment but by next year we should be ok. Becks is 7 months pregnant, she just cant manage with the Zed as well as she could bless her, even getting in and out, so we go that and took the insurance hit on the chin .. an 04 plate Ghia 1.8 petrol, very happy with it.

Funny thing was, we were already insured with Diamond on the Zed, Becks rang up to insure a Ford Focus, 1.8 Ghia and they quoted 200 quid MORE than the Zed. After some banter we knocked it down £300. Just ridiculous how much insurance companies are attempting to rip off consumers at the moment.