Fitting a Bike in the Z !

burgershot

Well after a bit of searching and a few suggestions to remove the spare wheel and strip my bike down to component parts - i tried getting my bike into the back of the Z.

Well all i had to do was remove the seat post, pedals and wheels - taking all of 10 seconds ..... and .... Ta DA !!

The only bit removed from the Z was the little boot cover bit that sits at the bottom of the rear windscreen.

So proof after all - as if it were needed - that the 350Z is practical too !

54" Specialized road bike.

2454777_17_full.jpg

2454777_15_full.jpg

2454777_16_full.jpg

FACT !

Well the only reason to put the bike in the back of the Z is that i've got two competitions this year and they are both at least 200 miles from my house - and the wife has said that in NO way am i leaving her with '... that car with two kids - you did after all chose to get YOURSELF a 2 seater'

Taking the bits off the bike - takes approx. 1 min - and angling it down under the brace and into position takes approx. 1 min. So it really isn't bad at all ! I am so surprised - i just HAD to share !

Actually I have been wondering whether I could fit my MTB in , so this is pretty usefull for me, i had not tried it yet...

But I'll give it a go and ensure it fit's, then I will show my mates how "unpractical" my car is , and how I CAN go MTB'ing with them if I want ... (without a roof rack, bike rack, another car , a trailer etc...and other great ideas they have given me... :dry: )

EXCELLENT!

CHEERS

Damn it, I'm going to have to try again!!! :wacko:

I haven't ridden my MTB since a bought the Zed just over a month ago.....oh how I have had much punishment from my peers about buying a car I couldn't even use to enjoy my hobby!! :boxing:

I'd almost resigned myself to finding a rack to go on it...although not in the style of the video, too much paint damage risk there! I was going to fabricate a bracket to go on the rear cross member so I could fit a rack to it, something like this...

http://www.birdautomotive.com/Bike%20Rack%20Nissan%20350Z.htm

But the gauntlet has been thrown, well kind of, it's only a girly plastic road bike after all, not a 30lb monster with tractor tyres!! :p

P.s. On a serious note, how long is your frame from mech hanger to the front of the head tube? I was actually trying to fit my bike in the other way round (forks first) and if the chain stays were 3 inches shorter it would have gone in. (Or if I take the cross brace out of the car!!)

I'll try the bike tail first to see if it improves the angles at the weekend. (The last time I tried it was cold dark and raining so I decided that beer and GT4 was a far better idea!! :dry:)

the wife has said that in NO way am i leaving her with '... that car with two kids - you did after all chose to get YOURSELF a 2 seater'

You selfish scottish barst$wrd, however seen as I like you I am willing to send you back to your roots and swap you for a 'sensible' sports car that will get you back in the good books with the wifey! I know I am too kind.

And stop leaning your bike against my future car. LOL

I have had two sets of glubs in the car and my GFs dad. We don't need trollies as we are hardy enough to carry our own clubs round the course!

I regularly take my clubs with me and it's suprising how practical the Zed is!

P.s. On a serious note, how long is your frame from mech hanger to the front of the head tube? I was actually trying to fit my bike in the other way round (forks first) and if the chain stays were 3 inches shorter it would have gone in. (Or if I take the cross brace out of the car!!)

I'll try the bike tail first to see if it improves the angles at the weekend. (The last time I tried it was cold dark and raining so I decided that beer and GT4 was a far better idea!! :dry:)

Sorry guys my 'notification mails' haven't seemed to be getting through - hence the tardy reply.

Well the Bike is a 56" Specialized .. and in the garage sitting next to my MTB it looks bigger .. but you have now challenged me - in fact i should have tried it for both as i need to get my MTB into the back MORE than the road bike.

I shall try this weekend and take some more pics (only if succesfull of course - if not i will just 'say' i did it and run away)