Chassis bracing

Daryl

Had a thought earlier (dangerous for me) about stiffening the chassis on the datsun. I know a coupe of people have done this,and reported good results. Any idea where to start,or what the best kit is? Or would someone be willing to lend me the parts individually for a week or so?

Loads of bracings depending on how much you want to spend. Have a look at gt speck website. Zmanalex also will be able to help you and so will the search button on the top right. My datsun has got the full range from gt spec (front, middle, 2 rear and fender bracings) plus a tanabe between the front and middle section. :)

Also uprated anti roll bars and good coilovers will stiffen your datsun up a lot!

This topic reminded me of the chasis bracing I did on my Renault 5. That involved getting a length of scaffolding pole, cutting to the right length and welding between the tops of the wheel arches in the boot. I did a similar thing under the bonnet which also involved a sledge hammer to modify the scaffolding pole enough to clear the air intake.

Whole bracing modification cost me nothing and my god, the difference in stiffness of the chasis was incredible. Renaults are made out of cardboard, so flex like mad as standard.

I wouldnt fancy doing the same thing to my zed however, but this thread certainly bought back memories for me! :thumbs:

I can do Stillen,Tanabe and Nismo bracing.

The Stillen sway bars are a good place to start.. £350, They remove roll etc for better cornering.

Theres quite a few options tbh, i've been uploading suspension products to the website this week.

Unfortunately I can lend them too you though :lol:

Awesome,thanks! :thumbs:

He was talking about the underbody bracing kit. It stiffens the chassis.

That meant to say can't lend them :bangin:

What are you trying to achieve Daryl ? Better ride for cornering etc ?

Summit engine strut braces look the part but won't make any differences to handling, plus I don't think Summit do them anymore.

Im after bracing kit too so can we get a group buy on? :D

http://www.gtspec.com/catalog/products- ... -2008-350z

^ I want the gtpsec stuff (All of it! - the front fender yokes) :band:

Bit of a work to fit the fender ones but they do a great job with the front subframe. All in all I ve managed to make my zed impossible to drive every day....I prefer my A4 quattro :lol: