Kayak Sea Fishing

SwanageDave

Is there any body else who is into Sea fishing on here?

I have just purchased a seafishing Kayak, and its a Fantastic way to get out amongst the fish, never thought of Kayaking before but i love it, :boat: The one i bought is a winner kayak sit on top loads of storage and very stable in choppy seas,

Can imagine its a bit nippy this time of year out on a kayak :cold::boat: You say its a sit on top? Did you consider a proper kayak so you could seal yourself from the elements a bit better or does that not work well with fishing kit?

I havent been in a proper sea kayak, but used to do a lot of white water kayaking when I was younger, not quite the same thing though :lol:

I went sea fishing in Gairloch with my other halves uncle. He has a couple of fishing boats. One for the sea and one for the Lochs. We pulled some lobster and crab pots too. I thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest.

He lives at the harbour / marina and pops out most evenings in the sea boat when the weather is good to indulge himself in his hobby!

Can imagine its a bit nippy this time of year out on a kayak :cold::boat: You say its a sit on top? Did you consider a proper kayak so you could seal yourself from the elements a bit better or does that not work well with fishing kit?

I havent been in a proper sea kayak, but used to do a lot of white water kayaking when I was younger, not quite the same thing though :lol:

Yes chris its a sit on top, its a lot easier for fishing with all the kit and you can even stand on them if its calm enough, I have a full dry suit for the chilly weather but shorts and t-shirt for the balmy summer days, we catch quite a lot down here in dorset, Bass mullet etc etc. :thumbs:

I'm uber jealous. Used to live in Norfolk and Weston Super Mud. I went fishing once a week without fail, I love sea fishing!!!

Now I'm stuck in Kettering which is about as central as you can get to the water, in any direction. Hoping to move to Torbay / Plymouth / St Austell area end of next year if I can sell up. Had a few days in Torquay and said to SWMBO that I'm getting a kayak for fishing when we move.

Loads of great little bays to fish in. Used to do mainly beach / rock fishing, with the odd boat trip.

Get some picks posted up with some fish catches, if I can't catch them myself it would be nice to see someone the sport. What have you been getting, baits sizes etc....

Need to get a roofrack for the zed though. B)

I'm uber jealous. Used to live in Norfolk and Weston Super Mud. I went fishing once a week without fail, I love sea fishing!!!

Now I'm stuck in Kettering which is about as central as you can get to the water, in any direction. Hoping to move to Torbay / Plymouth / St Austell area end of next year if I can sell up. Had a few days in Torquay and said to SWMBO that I'm getting a kayak for fishing when we move.

Loads of great little bays to fish in. Used to do mainly beach / rock fishing, with the odd boat trip.

Get some picks posted up with some fish catches, if I can't catch them myself it would be nice to see someone the sport. What have you been getting, baits sizes etc....

Need to get a roofrack for the zed though. B)

I fished the Fowey estuary last week with my yak, caught some nice Bass and a load of doggies near the mouth of the estuary and heard that a few cod are being caught this week from the slipway by the ferry.

A small kayak can be carried on the Zed with one of these, but mine is far too long at 4.7mtrs. :thumbs:

http://boofsquire.com/