Snow socks ... in ASDA?

slimjim

Yeah, I saw them and had a "rub chin" moment. Might be an idea.

However the largest size they had was large, and apparently 19" wheels, are XXL, which they didnt have in stock! :thumbdown:

19" is XXL? :scare:

May pop back down to see if there are any left that will fit my 18's... :dry:

However the largest size they had was large, and apparently 19" wheels, are XXL, which they didnt have in stock! :thumbdown:

Thats what the guy in ASDA said mate. Might want to double check it when you get there. He did look like the gene pool hadn't been kind!

Thats what the guy in ASDA said mate. Might want to double check it when you get there. He did look like the gene pool hadn't been kind!

:lol: Will do, cheers. :thumbs:

If I was going to buy snow socks, which I am not, I wouldn't buy them from ASDA... :snack:

I don't think waitrose are planning to sell them you snob! :lol:

Waitrose will do it properly and sell you winter tyres. I seem to remember they the only ones out doing deliveries last year as they had winter tyres on and no-one else did B)

If I was going to buy snow socks, which I am not, I wouldn't buy them from ASDA... :snack:

Have you looked at the pictures, they look like they will fall apart after 5 miles....

Looks like they are £35 a set, I thought they were about twice that for a pair :shrug:

As for being a snob, I don't drive a shed so I wouldn't put them on either of my cars, if I had a crappy shed for the winter I might buy a set and chuck them in the boot :p

Waitrose will do it properly and sell you winter tyres. I seem to remember they the only ones out doing deliveries last year as they had winter tyres on and no-one else did B)

A quality moment at work the other day...

Management decided that they would hire a snow plough for the winter just in case so that we can keep our yard clear and the 300+ vehicles moving....

I thought it was too good to be true, they decided that only one person will be trained on it and he lives 60 miles away in Kent (depot is in Essex) and last year couldn't make it in because of the snow... Genius :doh:

Management decided that they would hire a snow plough for the winter just in case so that we can keep our yard clear and the 300+ vehicles moving....

I thought it was too good to be true, they decided that only one person will be trained on it and he lives 60 miles away in Kent (depot is in Essex) and last year couldn't make it in because of the snow... Genius :doh:

Classic :doh::lol:

Snow sox dont work... Snow, tarmac, snow, tarmac, gone... Or, snow, wheelspin, gone...

To be fair they are not meant to be winter tyres, they are meant for when you are proper stuck and cant move. Once you are off the snow they are useless, just as snow chains are. I think it is a general misconcenption that they can be used just like winter tyres. They are only material after all, you cant expect any fabric to not disintegrate on tarmac, especially with over 1.5tonnes and 300WHP to struggle against :surrender:

Snow socks aren't designed for 'using' though are they? They are designed to get you unstuck to drive on fresh snow I thought.... As soon as you get onto grippier stuff (tarmac or hard packed snow) you remove them.

Snow socks aren't designed for 'using' though are they? They are designed to get you unstuck to drive on fresh snow I thought.... As soon as you get onto grippier stuff (tarmac or hard packed snow) you remove them.

That is what I thought. Proper last resort kinda thing? :shrug:

+1 :dry:

Actually, a thought, maybe it's a clever marketting ploy - people drive into their car park, scare themselves cos it's not been gritted/salted at all ever and then panic buy snow shoes to get back out...? :wacko:

No not used in all fairness... I was though at the garage in last years big snowstorm last year when the snowsox craze first hit, I remember there were quite a few people using them for getting up the hill from the roundabout, most were kicked, a guy in an RX8 sticks out, he moved off and had no traction, the wheels were spinning, he did start moving but the snowsock shredded and started flapping about, he had to keep going as he had momentum but the snowsock was well dead... That was a mad day...

Sorry, I dont put much faith in them...