Sandwich plate for Z

andlid

:wacko: 14.9£ shipping...wtf

What do you expect........buying from abroad....bloody foreigners.... :lol:

:p:lol:

Got mine from Ian Free postage :p

Not sure abot the address he used IAN!!! :angry::lol:

Thought you'd like it ;)

:rant: wtf why can I only find npt threaded sandwich plates, was out earlier today to sort out my defi gauge... ended up with a lot of oil spill :angry::headhurt: looks like the 'dude' fitting the sensor never looked to see if the thread where the same (brute force I guess!), I thought it was a npt since they obviously fitted in there?? :dry:

So now looking for npt > pt conversion. Can anyone answer if the bspt is the same thread pitch as a pt? So getting a new splate since I guess the old one is fubared but now also need npt>pt conversions :thumbdown:

(and a professional clean of my drive :bang: )

I believe the defi senders are 1/8 bsp male. The majority of sandwich plates have 1/8 npt females. If I remember right as well as the npt being tapered and bsp being parallel they are slightly different tpi as well, like 27 and 28.

When I was looking at sandwich plates I definitely saw greddy ones with 1/8 bsp sensor holes so they would work for you. They are not cheap though. If I were you I would buy one of the 20 quid eBay ones I linked earlier and get an adaptor for your sender.

Like this , http://www.airlines-pneumatics.co.uk/we ... de=S010130

For info, mine arrived a couple of days ago and the quality seems good for that amount of money.

I believe the defi senders are 1/8 bsp male. The majority of sandwich plates have 1/8 npt females. If I remember right as well as the npt being tapered and bsp being parallel they are slightly different tpi as well, like 27 and 28.

When I was looking at sandwich plates I definitely saw greddy ones with 1/8 bsp sensor holes so they would work for you. They are not cheap though. If I were you I would buy one of the 20 quid eBay ones I linked earlier and get an adaptor for your sender.

Like this , http://www.airlines-pneumatics.co.uk/we ... de=S010130

For info, mine arrived a couple of days ago and the quality seems good for that amount of money.

Adapter Male/Female NPT/BSP

Is that not the wrong way round though? Like NPT to BSP? as I understand it PT (BSPT) is the same as BSP? :thumbdown:

Can I re-thread a NPT to BSP/PT/BSPT? < IF that's possible that's what I'll do, otherwise I think I'll blank the whole thing off for now and get a more expensive one! Isn't the TPI 27/28 the whole difference and nothing else?

No you can't rethread it the only difference is the thread so if you try and re-thread it will probably just screw it up. No pun intended

Sam is correct the tpi is different ( a few people say you will get away with it) - i.e use the sensor to rethread the hole as you tighten it up - Up to you.

Next option is to drill it out to 1/4 then tap it and put a 1/4 to 1/8 reducing adapter in. An adapter like the one Sam shows will work but will also pull the sensor out of the oil flow - so may defeats the object of putting it into the plate and getting a true return flow reading.

Good luck :thumbs:

No you can't rethread it the only difference is the thread so if you try and re-thread it will probably just screw it up. No pun intended

Sam is correct the tpi is different ( a few people say you will get away with it) - i.e use the sensor to rethread the hole as you tighten it up - Up to you.

Next option is to drill it out to 1/4 then tap it and put a 1/4 to 1/8 reducing adapter in. An adapter like the one Sam shows will work but will also pull the sensor out of the oil flow - so may defeats the object of putting it into the plate and getting a true return flow reading.

Good luck :thumbs:

getting my ruler out no to do some thread pitch checking...

Ah, I thought it was a pressure sensor. As Chris said if its a temp sensor the step adaptor won't work very well.

Your best bet would be to drill it out and tap it.

So drill, tap, adaptor... Messy.... Or pay silly monies for a greddy one. Bet the plug on the

Greddy is located on the wrong side so wont fit :p

There is another, option to make an remote install of the setup and use npt > braided line> pt > adaptor

Thats OK for a pressure sensor - temp needs to be in the flow!

and TPI is threads per inch not pitch :p

and you won' t do it with a ruler :p

Yep, I nearly made a distribution block last week but when I saw a sandwich plate for 20 quid I couldn't be bothered.

All you need is a block of ally say 1" x 2" or a 2" length of 1" round bar drill through the middle of it with 11/32" drill and tap out both ends 1/8 npt... Put a male/male 1/8 npt fitting in one end and fit it to the car where the stock pressure sender goes and put the stock pressure sender in the other end.

Then with the rest of it you can drill and tap what ever size fittings you want for your other sensors / oil feed pipes. Jobs a good'n. :)

Just make sure you have your turbo oil feed line after the pressure sensor so you get flow across it.

• 2 weeks later...

Further info on the one I linked above from ebay - Having a closer look when fitting, quality isn't brilliant, although you wouldn't expect it to be for £20.

It had a lot of burrs on it that needed a quick tickle with a file. Also, the the thread adaptor I was sent that fitted the Zed was too long, so when fully screwed in it didn't squeeze the sandwich plate against the engine. I had already dropped the oil out of the car so decided to alter it myself with the angle grinder :scare: to get back on the road rather than wait for another adaptor.

It could of just been a one off that I was sent the wrong adaptor, but thought I should mention it.

Andlid - Looking at your build thread it looks like you used the one I linked. Did you have any adaptor problems when fitting?