Focus ST

Ricey

Thinking of banging up an asbo....anyone have thoughts/opinion/experience ?

Looks like I can pick a 2006 up for 7-7.5k with pretty reasonable miles/spec.

Would be better if I could sell mine private but I don't think I can be arsed with the ballache of throwing 60 quid at advertising just for it not to sell.

What do you need to know???

Comparatively to the zed is it expensive to run.....I'm kind of banking on the published mpg figs which are 30 on a combined cycle.

My research tells me its fairly reliable but are there any zed clicky axle/clunky droplinky type 'every ST will suffer from at some point' jobs.

Sat nav/leather worth seeking out or is ST2 good enough.

Did it make you do a sex wee when you drove it.

What do you need to know???

Comparatively to the zed is it expensive to run.....I'm kind of banking on the published mpg figs which are 30 on a combined cycle.

For a pre 07 its i think £200 ish to tax 12 months, fully modded insurance costs me about £700 fully comp protected NCB. And if you drive the car the way it was supposed to be driven you can still get on average 30+mpg and mine is modded over 100BHP from standard!

My research tells me its fairly reliable but are there any zed clicky axle/clunky droplinky type 'every ST will suffer from at some point' jobs.

To be honest there doesent seem to be many issues with the standard car, I have had none yet apart from a split CV boot last week, not bad in 10 months and modded too. Once modded there is a chance of Liners cracking but there is things you can do to help this not happen. Generally due to bad mapping! Clutch slip in the higher gears is a problem but for £800 notes gets you an RS clutch supplied and fitted.There is a few bits like boost solenoid and maf sensor going faulty etc but are pretty cheap to sort out.

Sat nav/leather worth seeking out or is ST2 good enough.

Mine is an ST3 full leather, Xenons etc no nav, but i have aftermarket anyway. ST3 = 4 leather seater, ST and ST2 5 cloth seater

Did it make you do a sex wee when you drove it.

Hell Yeah, you should have seen me after Jamsport remap last weekend.

Oh and its sooooooooooooooooooooooo cheap and easy to Mod to good power

You won't get near that 30mpg except on long runs. Like the Zed, sub 25mpg around town is normal. As is appetite for front tyres if you make use of the power.