Times when you just wish you had a Z...

AMT

Drove from Windsor to Kew this morning, at no point on the journey did I manage to top 60 mph let alone time it...damn London traffic :lol:

Mate, as the poster above says, go drive one, then you will realise that tenths of a second smoking another car really doesn't matter - its a great car to drive, it looks fabulous and it makes a great sound :cloud9:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fine its fine! lol If your still referring to boy racer stuff your not on the same mind track here, I've had a message from someone who new exactly what I was on about and gave all the info I needed lol. And I've drove two! But test drives are not too long. that being said yes I won't find out til' I have my own so fair enough lol.

Its fine its fine! lol If your still referring to boy racer stuff your not on the same mind track here, I've had a message from someone who new exactly what I was on about and gave all the info I needed lol. And I've drove two! But test drives are not too long. that being said yes I won't find out til' I have my own so fair enough lol.

Where have you test drove from? I got about a good hour drive before buying mine from nobles in Edinburgh. I took it out and ripped the arse out it. Very good garage to deal with IMO and have helped me endlessly.

Alex Noble n son in Edinburgh (very nice guy I dealt with! :thumbs: ) and Nissan coatbridge a while back before that. (the coatbridge one I had thought about getting it a bit too early, but decided it'd be financial suicide to spend all the money at that point and put myself in unnecesary debt.lol the guy theres was also brilliant) thats why I'm waiting til after the winter so I've paid off the current wheels. Only thing i'd say about test drives, did gun it more on the noble one, but I always feel a bit too nervous to do what I want with it to make sure (and by that I don't mean drift round a roundabout lol), just you restrain yourself mor eI think on a test drive as ... its not your car... yet lol.

Alex Noble n son in Edinburgh (very nice guy I dealt with! :thumbs: ) and Nissan coatbridge a while back before that. (the coatbridge one I had thought about getting it a bit too early, but decided it'd be financial suicide to spend all the money at that point and put myself in unnecesary debt.lol the guy theres was also brilliant) thats why I'm waiting til after the winter so I've paid off the current wheels. Only thing i'd say about test drives, did gun it more on the noble one, but I always feel a bit too nervous to do what I want with it to make sure (and by that I don't mean drift round a roundabout lol), just you restrain yourself mor eI think on a test drive as ... its not your car... yet lol.

Lmao I opened mines up down the slip road onto the dual carriage way at roslin. Don't think the guy expected it but he just laughed. He knew I was buying it from the moment I seen it.

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous.... my avatar pic, I forgot about that lol... thats the last one I test drove. My car on the left, Zed on the right :blush: Yeah I got to open it up a bit aswell, he was a bit iffy when I said I was gonna slam the brakes on (I test EVERYTHING on a test drive), make sure it A)...stopped loll and B.) wasn't pulling to one side when I do it. When I went up there were some amount of GTRs sitting out front. Guy said there the main Nissan sportscar place... I could tell from the cars they had :lol: I've asked the person if I can paste the thing they sent me about understanding what I've been on about, but I'll let them get back to me to see if there ok with it. Won't be mentioning names as they requested lol.

The 'inner child' came out yesterday.... lol Coming home from buying some dear petrol a Focus ST sat behind me, nothing wrong with it, just sitting there. Coming up to a dual carridgeway, I noticed peeking out from behind the Focus... an Astra VXR... got to the carridgeway and both shot past me (obviously...) like bullets. I'm not one to fart about, but I will on occasion still like to put the foot down (hey im only 25, got a lot to learn :shrug::blush: ). I just sat n' thought, wonder by how much the Zed would be away from them had I been in one and planted the right foot?? Anyone any experience (whether on a track like crail or something) of how much faster a Z is?. I've seen a vid of a Z pulling away from a Type R civic and it... fairly nukes it. But what about ST's and VXRs which have a bit more over the 200bhp side. Is 40-60bhp enough to show (ahem) them the right way? B) As you may tell I respect but I am not a fan of hot hatches, by which I mean I'd rather buy something that looks special enough, not just a focus or astra with a paint scheme :p

Don't get blinded by factory BHP figures.

Your after an 05 zed which has a reported 276 bhp from the factory. A lot of older cars have been dyno's and been shown to be running significantly less than that (circa 240 bhp). Add the zeds weight into the equation againt a 1300kg FWD hot hatch and any race is going to be a lot closer than you'd think.

Don't buy a zed because you think your gonna be king of the local Traffic Light Grand Prix's. If that's your bag, buy an Evo.

If traffic light GP is your bag then buy an R1 :) Your arse hole will be twitching at about 10Hz though :lol:

Theres a Zed at my work, and my car was parked across from it so I could look at both lol Squat ass presence and big arches. If I don't have one of these by May you can all come to my house and beat me with stones. god there awesome looking lol.

Theres a Zed at my work, and my car was parked across from it so I could look at both lol Squat ass presence and big arches. If I don't have one of these by May you can all come to my house and beat me with stones. god there awesome looking lol.

Your address is? :lol:

Your address is? :lol:

A stone throw away from my place. :lol:

Its fine, its fine it won't happen... One thing i will be remembering to do is... well I'll be buying from a dealer prob (need to part exchange and wouldn't mind a bit of warranty lol) so ill be postin the regy up here to see if anyone knows it, make sure im getting something decent B) . On the other hand no one might know a thing about it and ill buy it anyway. Either way.. A Z badge will be replacing that H lol I'll bet a free McD's on it for everyone ;)

Its fine, its fine it won't happen... One thing i will be remembering to do is... well I'll be buying from a dealer prob (need to part exchange and wouldn't mind a bit of warranty lol) so ill be postin the regy up here to see if anyone knows it, make sure im getting something decent B) . On the other hand no one might know a thing about it and ill buy it anyway. Either way.. A Z badge will be replacing that H lol I'll bet a free McD's on it for everyone ;)

Issues that I worry with that are though.. I need to PX my car to bring the cash down and i'd be left without wheels for work until I found a Z. Unless I'm lucky to get a buyer around the same week as a Z comes up for sale i want. :shrug: Drop one car in, take the other away. I'd prefer to do it that way, buy private and sell private but, I'd be a bit nervous doing that. A lot of places will give one year warranty. not much but a bit to cling on to. Nothing like that for private :( dunno what I'll do, think about it nearer the time, but yes I know the best way is private lol hum.

Get short term loan, buy Zed, flog Hyundai :thumbs:

Although to be fair I'd be chopping it in at a dealer if I were in your shoes too. Don't get too hung up on warranties unless it's from a Nissan main dealer as you'll find the exclusions as long as your arm.

I went down to my local trade place with the z the young guy on the counter has a st, he's spent a fortune on it,at demon tweeks near chester it developed gremlins that couldn't be found,when he saw the z he was p***ed off, he has spent more than 5grand more than what i paid for the z took him out in the blue 1 and gave it the boot,he said it was quicker than his st,i walked away with a grin :D .