cheap ish track toy

garetgax

I had a quick scan on ebay last night at track cars to see what's available as it's the end of the season. Some pretty good stuff is kicking about actually...... A few 205s etc that looked tasty and well prepared.

Here is my Cheap Track car.

Its currently road legal but will be pure track from next year so I can make it even lighter. Its currently running 172bhp at about a ton in weight but we are looking to fit an SR20DET for about 250 reliable horses which should make it fun. Koni suspension, R32 GTR Brakes makes this a pretty cheap car to build and run!

dsc8773exposure.jpg

I ran an MX5 last year and although it was drastically underpowered in terms of being able to overtake things it was epic fun in the bends and showed up a lot of other expensive stuff, they are also super reliable.... a turbo/charged one would be wicked fun.

supercharger kits for the MX5 aren't stupid prices either ;)

Just getting some ideas now. Itll be early next year that i will actually start to be more serious in terms of actually finding a car. Ive got to wait till jan for some money to be available unless i raided the ISA which Id be reluctant to do etc. If i get me backside into gear and sell the rest of the scoob parts in my garage might mean ive some funds a bit earlier but Im hoping to use the money from them to fund suspension and brake mods to whatever i get (assuming I buy a standard car).

MX5/MR2 gen 3 are looking likly suspects. Anyone know what mx5's are like re oil starvation?

Just thinking mod lists if I buy a standard car:- brakes,suspension, roll bar,oil cooler,baffled sump?, oil pressure and temp guages. Already got decent 4 point harnesses.

Initially the car needs to be road legal as I cant fit a tow bar to the current company motor and its lease doesnt run out till Sept next year so fully bespoke track cars are out for now.