L44 UST

rickoshay

Hi

I just picked up my first 350Z roadster from Westover Motors, Bournemouth, today, sunset orange, alezan leather.

Its the updated version with the 296 bhp engine etc.

It was first registered March 2006 as L44 UST and had this registration until October 2007, per the Auto check Report ( if I read it correctly! ). It was a Nissan car until November 2007 when it was bought by the owner prior to me.

I know that Nissan used the registration L44 UST in its publicity material in 2006, but I understand that there were more than one L44 UST.

Presumably therefore my car was one of a few, but does this make my car a bit of a celebrity!?

Hmm, check the registration date, if registered before March 26th 2006 then you could have one of the extremely rare low tax facelifts :thumbs: . There are some videos of this car knocking about, one of them with Clarkson at the wheel :scare:

Pete

Yes, I only pay £260 a year, reg date is the 14th.

I'll look out for Clarkson video, although he is not my most favorite of people, especially as he slated the 350Z!!

I am trying to get the 2006 brochure on ebay, there is also a press pack with CD, and some pictures. Someone is selling 3 photos on ebay, 2 of L22 UST and 1 of L44 UST. I do not know if there are any pictures of my car on the CD.

What car has a few pictures of L44 UST on their web site as part of their review.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did these photos come from etc and are they of my car or another.

Its definately a facelift car but which year!

I did not find her in the boot, was she an option, perhaps I should go back to Westover, perhaps she's been left in their stores! Its back in with them on Monday for a new radio/cd, repairs to the back suspension, and to the soft top, all under warranty. I'll ask about her! :lol:

Where did these photos come from etc and are they of my car or another.

Its definately a facelift car but which year!

I did not find her in the boot, was she an option, perhaps I should go back to Westover, perhaps she's been left in their stores! Its back in with them on Monday for a new radio/cd, repairs to the back suspension, and to the soft top, all under warranty. I'll ask about her! :lol:

Sounds like a good warranty you have. When I asked about some work I wanted under warranty they said anything which was regarded a service item - like suspension, belts, brakes etc.. were not covered, and anything to do with the bodywork (which included the soft top) was not covered!

Whats up with roof?

I bought the car 3 weeks ago from them under their cared4 programm including a 12 month comprehensive warranty.

Well, I am treating it as such and it seems to be working!

I am prepared to be tough with them if required, as far as I am concerned, I paid more than I should have because it was a main dealer and I expect good service!

I will be getting Horsham Developments to look it over next week once Westover have done all they can, just in case anything else is wrong!

I have until a week Saturday to do something drastic under the Nissan 30 day exchange promise.

I was assured before I bought it that they would fully check the soft top, and they got an expert over to check it over and glue one corner back on the bottom corner at the back of the drivers door.

However, when I fully inspected it after purchase, I spotted that I could see light coming thru where the back cross seem meets the 2 side seems. There is probably alot of tension at those points and the stitching is giving way I have asked them to fix this ( I think some Storm Sure glue will do! ).

When I bought it I had not realised how expensive a soft top for a 350Z would be - nearly £1,000 fitted, at MLC Monsson in East Sussex. If I had known this then I would have checked it better!! It was a sunny day when I test drove it so the top was down!

I bought the car 3 weeks ago from them under their cared4 programm including a 12 month comprehensive warranty.

Well, I am treating it as such and it seems to be working!

I am prepared to be tough with them if required, as far as I am concerned, I paid more than I should have because it was a main dealer and I expect good service!

I will be getting Horsham Developments to look it over next week once Westover have done all they can, just in case anything else is wrong!

I have until a week Saturday to do something drastic under the Nissan 30 day exchange promise.

I was assured before I bought it that they would fully check the soft top, and they got an expert over to check it over and glue one corner back on the bottom corner at the back of the drivers door.

However, when I fully inspected it after purchase, I spotted that I could see light coming thru where the back cross seem meets the 2 side seems. There is probably alot of tension at those points and the stitching is giving way I have asked them to fix this ( I think some Storm Sure glue will do! ).

When I bought it I had not realised how expensive a soft top for a 350Z would be - nearly £1,000 fitted, at MLC Monsson in East Sussex. If I had known this then I would have checked it better!! It was a sunny day when I test drove it so the top was down!

Cool, i will check mine later to make sure mine isnt going in the same place! Ive pretty much had my top down all summer, cant beat it!

Hope they sort it all out. :thumbs: