Very happy discount on winter tyres

Toon Chris

I am a happy bunny now :teeth:

Last year was rubbish in the Z whenever it got a little frosty, and even one flake of snow was enough to get me stationary.

Ok so I don't mind the excuse to work from home when I can but sometimes you have to drive and it was lethal. So this year, as my tyres are getting very close to needing to be changed I thought I would go for some winter tyres.

I have no storage space so don't have the luxury of getting a new set of wheels so the tyres had to fit standard GT rays. What a PITA ! Finding any type of tyre that is made in both the front and rear standard sizes is a nightmare. Once you do find them, the chance of finding anyone with them in stock and a decent price is also near impossible. Finally I decided on the Vredestein (not that I was spoiled for choice). One seller even seemed happy to sell one type of Continental for the front and another for the rear. That didn't seem like a good idea.

Anyway, cutting a dull story short, I decided to buy from abroad which is something I've never done before and what do you know, not only cheaper but everyone has stock - Hurray :clap::yahoo:

2 Vredestein 225/45 R18 95V Wintrac Xtreme XL FSL 177,00 € 354,00 €

Status der Verfügbarkeit: Sofort versandfertig

2 Vredestein 245/45 R18 100V Wintrac Xtreme XL FSL 211,00 € 422,00 €

Status der Verfügbarkeit: Sofort versandfertig

4 Shipping to United Kingdom 4,95 € 19,80 €

MwSt-Anteil: 127,06 €

Gesamtsumme (inkl MwSt): 795,80 €

Including bank payment fees, all in £728 the set including vat and shipping, so £70 cheaper and a lot less stressy :) A free tank of petrol (almost :lol: )

Incidentally if you really want to stay UK, MyTyres has the best price at about £180 for the fronts and Tyremen at about £222 for the rears. When I say best I mean they have them in stock, although not for much longer from what they were saying. There are a few others that are way more pricey and a lot of places with no stock (Camskill, come on, you have zero stock, don't you by them in in the summer??).

Roll on some grip in the Winter :drive1

Oops, sorry.

http://www.reifen.com/en/TyreSize/Search/CarWinter

They also have many other brands to choose from including the fabled Nokians which are supposed be fantastic (but I was too web-burnt to bother looking at them all).

I had a quick look at Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for next year but they are about £60 more for a set, although at least they have them in stock unlike a lot of the UK dealers

Confirm that re mytyres, just replaced my fronts with the trusty Vredstein sessanta, mytyres were the only place I could find that held stock, got them for 140 each mind so a good price I thought.

First dusting of snow on the Nevis range and Cairngorm yesterday, brought in by the cold wind which is blowing in from the north east.

The Daily Mail was right! :lol: The article was very conveniently vague though. Hardly unusual for snow to be on the ground on the hills this time of year.

Ummm,

AK350

Real long shot but putting 2 + 2 together is that yours I saw parked up in Ballater 2 weeks ago then?

Don't think so mate, although last time I was in the Zed in Scotland was on the Hoon in early september and we may have passed through Ballater on the way to Knockhill. Was a few more Zeds than just me though! :teeth:

Was it a Rosso red, or a Chilli?