Best broadband deal?

HassanZ

Hi all,

My broadband deal needs renewing and thought I would shop around for the best possible deal before I agree a new contract.

Do any of you know what great deals are currently on offer? Has anybody just changed their provider recently?

Your help is very much appreciated guys :thumbs:

Kind Regards,

Hassan

hi hassan

depends on a few things really...

broadband usage (high/medium/low)?

pairing up with a phone/tv service?

heavy landline user?

What are you currently using, bt or cable line?

Hi mate,

- With regards to net usage, I would say medium.

- Errm I would consider pairing up with my land line if the deal offered on both is good, my land line is not currently on a fixed contract.

- We are not a heavy land line users at all

- We are currently with Virgin, it's a cable broadband not the dial-up phone connection :thumbs:

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Virgin media is my provider, never had any issues in 6 years. :thumbs:

Speed always good, service always good. :thumbs:

I am on 30mb/s

Thanks for your reply mate, that's who I'm currently with. Trying to see if there's any cheaper providers out there. I have heard Talk Talk are pretty cheap/good bu ain't sure? :shrug:

hi hassan

depends on a few things really...

broadband usage (high/medium/low)?

pairing up with a phone/tv service?

heavy landline user?

What are you currently using, bt or cable line?

Hi mate,

- With regards to net usage, I would say medium.

- Errm I would consider pairing up with my land line if the deal offered on both is good, my land line is not currently on a fixed contract.

- We are not a heavy land line users at all

- We are currently with Virgin, it's a cable broadband not the dial-up phone connection :thumbs:

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Virgin media is my provider, never had any issues in 6 years. :thumbs:

Speed always good, service always good. :thumbs:

I am on 30mb/s

Thanks for your reply mate, that's who I'm currently with. Trying to see if there's any cheaper providers out there. I have heard Talk Talk are pretty cheap/good bu ain't sure? :shrug:

From your usage i'd say TalkTalk essentials sounds like your ideal plan,

evening and wkend calls

40gb broadband usage (plenty for the average user)

free calls to other TT customers

works out about £20 per month (not including discounts, plus you could save by paying line rental up front for the year)

Because your on virgin now, you'l need a new line activated which will cost £50, TalkTalk would have to give you a new number. Remember no other providers operate on the virgin line, no competition, hence their expensive.

Before you sign up, i'd check what projected broadband speed you should expect on your line, get your post code in here: http://www.talktalkmembers.com/content/view/142/156/

I use to be with virgin, good broadband no doubt, but expensive compared to everyone else.

TalkTalk do get bad press, but trust me when I say things are changing massively for the better, I've worked for them for over 5 years nw (not on commission btw lol)

:thumbs:

TalkTalk are cheap and "good" ... but have AWFUL customer service...

This - as my mother found. Took TT about 3 months to get an engineer out to find a fault on a line :bang: When we had a similar problem on our line, PlusNet had an engineer out the next day. :#1:

If you are in a high competition area, I would vote for PlusNet - but I'm bias as I was on their trail for Fibre to the Cab (aka BT Infinity) and get it for £11.50/mo :teeth:

TalkTalk are cheap and "good" ... but have AWFUL customer service...

AND charge you £80 to leave them! (My neighbor just had to do it)

Check the fine print... may be different for different packages.

people only get charged to leave when "in contract" - all providers will charge this, if out of contract TalkTalk wont charge anything, again like most providers :thumbs:

I have been on talk talk for a few years know. They are good when things are working, but recently I noticed my speed is very bad, and when complaining they say "its a common problem, you will need to upgrade to fibre" which will cost more and BT offer a better packages.... I get about 0.4 mbs from them (not on fibre).

If you want good speed BT is the way to go!

I always pair up with whatever tv provider im with. I was with Virgin for 10 years, and every year id threaten to leave and they`d give me half price internet for another year. I had no problems with their speed or service.

Then moved areas and went with sky cos the missus wanted sky telly, so i think we pay an extra £7.50 for the broadband. The speed is incredible. Miles faster than I was getting with Virgin - although it maybe because im next to the exchange and i dont think anyone else in my cul-de-sac has broadband.

My folks used to have talktalk and their speed was shockingly bad. I got quicker using my 3g phone. Also their customer service was terrible. Refused to upgrade them so I cancelled it. They made me go through 101 hoops to cancel the contract (was well outside of the 12month period), then after all that they said "oh you should have said, we would have upgraded you for free". Argh!

I have met some guys who work in the research department for Talk Talk and even they admit that their customer service and some of the broadband speeds were shocking. At least though they were aware of it and some of the research they were presenting showed that they are investing in improving the speeds etc. That said, it doesn't mean they are outstripping the market performance wise with these improvements, more that there are trying to hang onto the coat tails of the likes of BT/Sky/Virgin etc.

I have been on talk talk for a few years know. They are good when things are working, but recently I noticed my speed is very bad, and when complaining they say "its a common problem, you will need to upgrade to fibre" which will cost more and BT offer a better packages.... I get about 0.4 mbs from them (not on fibre).

If you want good speed BT is the way to go!

speed on the BT line is dependent on the distance you are from the local exchange, further you are the weaker the signal gets, all providers apart from virgin will most likely be using the BT line, only way around this is either fibre or move house :)

if you've had good speeds but suddenly this has dropped then your line profile may need checking, use the link above to check what speed you should be getting :thumbs:

sorry threefifty - but the stories about TT are still all true

my neighbour has been out of TT for 2 years and he's still getting bill demands from them - it took him 18months just to be able to get away (out of contract) and astoundingly they've been threatened with legal action, you name it and they still insist on billing him

sorry threefifty - but the stories about TT are still all true

my neighbour has been out of TT for 2 years and he's still getting bill demands from them - it took him 18months just to be able to get away (out of contract) and astoundingly they've been threatened with legal action, you name it and they still insist on billing him

no need to be sorry dude - i just work for em :) the op asked a question and was/is tempted by tt deals - can only advise from my personal experience and knowledge of whats going on within. Just for ref i'm currently using tt bb & phone, use to be with virgin for 10years.

My mate has a Porsche, riddled with problems, been back to them numerous times, cost him a fortune, poor customer service etc etc etc - no matter what he says i still dream of owning a 911 B)