8 Car Pile up at the Ring

ZMANALEX

Good writeup, makes me think that I might stick a cage in my car before going down there next year. The video show's just how crazy the road workers are there. Is there anywhere you can see where they're 'works' on the track? Like a sign or something at start/finish? So if the vette hit the porsche and then got slammed from the rear he's in serious trouble re the first one... rented car and all.

Good writeup, makes me think that I might stick a cage in my car before going down there next year. The video show's just how crazy the road workers are there. Is there anywhere you can see where they're 'works' on the track? Like a sign or something at start/finish? So if the vette hit the porsche and then got slammed from the rear he's in serious trouble re the first one... rented car and all.

Anders, a cage will always be good investment in a part track car. No need to go OTT a half rear cage and helmet should be enough!

There is an electronic board at the entrance which signals caution info on any section of track affected by works accidents etc but this only works if you were going in and saw this! when in you have to rely on early warning from drivers, marshals or the public which sometimes is wanting especially wrt to poorly educated drivers who don't react appropriately to a situation and then it means avoidable secondary accidents happen.

The vette will be fine as they where in the tertiary accident. The M3 and one VXR where in the primary accident and the secondary accident was with the E30 m3 the second VXR and white porsche. the vette and Ring taxi M3 where all tertiary players. The rumors are that the Ring works contractors will be made to pay far all the damages and in a cruel twist of fate will have to repair the barrier as well for good measure :lol::lol:

FWIW the vette was not rented! and that guys is a ring regular! Check out Bridge to gantry website blog which is run by and english chap call Dale who also works for rent 4 ring car rentals. I like the critique he has been making to the Ring management for someytime now and finally it is all happening and i hope the take note and bring forward the changes needed to improve the place.

One thing is for sure, it will not close down as it is the life blood of this region and there is too much investment at stake so i expect some positive things next year. B)

Read in the report from somewhere that it was rented vette from Sweden, I did read that blog, terrible reading that they stuffed so much monies into the wrong areas on that place... The Ring has to be done at least once in a lifetime, simples. Might get a cage going in over winter when I won't be driving it anyway. Now need to get NoS and more boost too... darn keyser.

I will not let the crash stop me from going but i have decided next year i will be having a roll cage and use my helmet

Actually, this is a point that gets lost a lot amongst Ring goers. I cannot believe that people drive the Ring on a TF without a helmet, it seems utterly crazy to me when you consider everything going on around you.

Great report by Gt4 Zed about the incident .

I have to say that the after a few "near misses" with a few not so well driven cars over the past few years i have only done Private track days at the Ring since 2008.

If you are on a track day instead of a Tf day the Track day organizer has to pay upwards of £3,000 for extra marshals around the circuit that are just not there on the Tf day and this at least could give you some advanced notice about what if round the corner.

Also as a quick side note if the breakes ar cooked and you are shopping round i can say Ap's are superb.

Glad you missed all the other vehicles and got back in one piece.

Great report by Gt4 Zed about the incident .

I have to say that the after a few "near misses" with a few not so well driven cars over the past few years i have only done Private track days at the Ring since 2008.

If you are on a track day instead of a Tf day the Track day organizer has to pay upwards of £3,000 for extra marshals around the circuit that are just not there on the Tf day and this at least could give you some advanced notice about what if round the corner.

Also as a quick side note if the breakes ar cooked and you are shopping round i can say Ap's are superb.

Glad you missed all the other vehicles and got back in one piece.

got any second hand APs to sell ;)

Glad to hear you guys ok...

The new owners are ripping it, price hikes on track and the cost of Ringworld (it is good to see but not worth the money) and FFS the cost of a T shirt is more than a lap, trying to cut out the local trade by making track testers use their hotels and catering facilities and investing little in comparison on the old track and its facilities...

It wont make me stop going but all the comments are true, a day at the Ring is an opening lap then a half hour wait as someone has binned it then another couple of laps where you see an incident or two then another closure, and so the day goes on...

You have to give that road a healthy respect just as you would with any road, yes bear in mnd the ramifications of getting it wrong or getting caught up in someone elses mess both personal, financial and legal (the police work to a different set of laws than over here and they will take you away after an accident if deemed needed) and always take your lids, even though it means she has to take less stuff, I'm looking at a cage just now as my next thing (after the lower controll arm, Alex, coming to see you this week)...

Its an addiction and it dont matter if you do a 12 or a 9, just doing it is the rush, dont let scary stories put you off...

Oh and if you'v not done it, the high jungle jim set just outside Ringworld is a blast...