Loud wind noise at high speeds.

MK-Ultra

Hello people, i'm hoping some of you kind members can help me. I took my car for some driver training over the weekend at got to really open her up without fear of the police and loss of license!!!

The only issue of the day was when I got upto 120mph there was a massive increase in wind noise. I stopped and made sure all the windows where shut, the boot was closed properly and nothing was hanging off my car! All seemed to be good so done another run and the same thing happpened again. It starts to creep in at about 110-115 and reaches its peak quickly at around 120mph. I couldn't really tell exactly where it was coming from, but sounded like it was above/behind my head. The person i was with couldn't really tell either.

I would like to know what this is? is it just a issue with the areo of the car, and it happens with others or is it something that can be fixed?

Not that I plan on doing 120 everywhere, but it's something that is buggung me.

Many thanks, Lionel.

Was your wife's mouth open at the time? :lol:

Seriously though, first thing I'd check is for witness marks around door and boot sealing rubbers. Make sure you're getting good contact all the way around. Perhaps if the side window contact is very light in any position it could be getting sucked away from the seal at speed.

My driver side window drops slightly at 85+ which increases the wind noise noticeably.

There was talk of a successful fix for that on here some time ago but seeing as it doesn't bother me that much I didn't see the need to take my door apart.

That and the fact that I'm about as useful with a toolkit as Stephen Hawkins :p

Thanks for the replys. I've checked everything and all seem tight and secure, all the seals seem good.

Yes :lol: i could just do 119mph but i dont wanna!! :dummy:

Has anybody else experienced this?

Yep, mine does it at anything over 80, and it's because the driver's window doesn't stop quite as high as the passenger window. it's done it ever since i replaced the window motor, so i'd imagine it was bacause i didn't do the reset quite right or something. when i can be arsed to have the door apart again i'll see if another reset fixes it.

DB

I get the same problem, normally because the roof is down :)

I think its common on quite a few cars, try the window reset just to be sure.

Will you don't drive any faster than 70...... :wacko:

Ask him how he lost his cap ;)

I get the same problem, normally because the roof is down :)

I think its common on quite a few cars, try the window reset just to be sure.

Will you don't drive any faster than 70...... :wacko:

Ask him how he lost his cap ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was a fluke back draft that caught me unawares as we crested the mountain top at 55mph, honest gov'nor

:lol: Haha!! Thanks again for all the replys.

I'm not planning on doing another day until the new year but i'll try the window reset before i do to see if it helps. I don't think its coming from the window :shrug: although i was concentrating on my driving never driven over 110 before so doing 140 was quite a change, even if it was on a straight!!!

At least others have had the same issues and its not just me!

Cheers, Lionel.