Waltzinblack Engine mod

Keyser

Well as I have the photo's I got volunteered to start the thread

waltzinblack came down to the Zed Shed on Saturday to show us his modding skills and for a little repair to his cam covers.

Of course the other regular at the Zed Shed is Buster who (while still on his honeymoon) came over to keep us all supplied with cold drinks polish and his years (he has a lot - of years that is :p ) of experience.

So we quickly NOT - had to wait 2 hours for the car to cool down - stripped the upper and lower plenum to get to the cam covers

IMG_2256.jpg

We found the offending leaky plug tube

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

So cam cover came off

IMG_2260.jpg

Now this is a serious business and we had waltz on spanners and Buster on the camera :lol:

IMG_2267.jpg

Once we put that lot back together with nice new gaskets sent over by speed mail by Andlid :thumbs:

waltzinblack did his bit - Nice new plenum spacer -

IMG_2283.jpg

Was it hot or was he that worried - he is certainly sweating a bit :lol:

IMG_2285.jpg

All in place -

IMG_2288.jpg

So bolted everything back together and went for a test drive

All the bits we saved

IMG_2270.jpg

Not really :p

The Zeds running fine but waltzinblack is currently investigating whether the cross strut brace is touching the engine as he seems to have developed a vibration

Sorry mate :blush: hope its just the brace needs a bit of tweaking - let me know.

Finally the Zed Shed living up to its name.

IMG_2278.jpg

got to love the hours of fun and constant banter we have in the ''ZedShed''......cant wait till we start on the epic engine swop/upgrades on yours Chris.....project '' ZeeBusiness '' sure your misses Kim, will be more than happy to get the spare room cleared of the ever growing mountain of parts sat on the bed :lol::p

nice to meet waltzinblack yesturday and dont forget m8 get some of that polish for your zed. B):thumbs:

I thought the gaskets were inbuilt into the cam cover, which means replacing it :wacko: well thats what I had to do when mine was leaking into plug chamber 6.

Always one switched on cookie in the crowd - 100% correct and you could have joined the debate in chat last week that went on all week over what was leaking why and what to do about it.

I did point out that the gasket didn't do the plug pipes.

Apparently this is a common problem - you would only know if it was happening if you changed your plugs though!

So as we had a plenum spacer to fit - waltzinblack second home is apparently at airsoft :lol: just down the road and we all had nothing better to do on a Saturday we went for the good old bodge it method - silicone gasket sealant - we have no idea if it will work so we will have a look after a few hundred miles if he still has oil in the plug pipes then it will be time to get new cam covers.

I stand by to be flamed by any and all traders and members with more experience on this problem than me! :blush:

Good work Gents!!

Did you fit the spacers under the strut bolts to lift the strut bar when fitting the plenum spacer?? That might be the reason for vibration, otherwise just a little tinker with the spanner to adjust the strut?

Might come down to the Zed workshop for some future modding.... I keep having dreams of "supercharger" - it won't go..... I think I need help :surrender:

(Good to see the Zed love brings everyone together) :#1:

waltzinblack came down to the Zed Shed on Saturday to show us his modding skills and for a little repair to his cam covers.

Hahaha.. I now officially DO have some modding skills. The Strut bar WAS cuddling the plenum, so a mate came over this evening with an adjustable spanner and we sorted it. No drone or vibration AT ALL now. You weren't lying about the bolts being tight though! I mean just look how your forearms are bigger than my upper arms and you'll start to understand the trouble we had loosening the strut bolts :p All done now though!

EDIT: yes Wasso we fitted the Spacers, but my strut was adjusted pretty short as it was so needed adjusting!

good new Evan. ;) Chris will be able to sleep tonite :lol:

hope you keep your zed nice a clean now :lol:B)

Me!!!! you put one end of that bar on :p:lol:

But yeah I will Phew :lol:

BTW well done on sorting it mate :thumbs: