UNLEADED 95 OCTANE MAPS FOR DE 276BHP CAR'S

Mark@Abbey m/s

Just on the dyno with my DE car back to totally stock , calibratiing a map for 95 Octane fuel.

I can say running the cars on 95 octane fuel will cause the cars to swich over to the high det map as when you place the high det ignition map in the main ignition map the car runs the same reduced BHP, this shows the car is hearing detonation when running 95 octane fuel. I will explain more at a later date.

I think with a little work I can get a 95 octane mapped car back to nearly the same as a stock DE super unleaded car thou.

My car has 230 hub bhp at the moment up from 222 hub bhp running 95 octane fuel with 98 octane map , a stock 98 octaned fuelled car gives around 239/243 hub bhp.

Torque at the moment is around 8 lb/ft down through out the rev range but it was nearly 12 lb/ft down running 95 octane fuel with a 98 fuel map.

will keep you up to speed.

Attached are some dyno plots from the DE car tuned ont he dyno ( my own car) totally stock

The car when using 95 octane fuel on the stock map was running on the high detonation map, I confirmed this, I cut and pasted the high det map ( using Uprev) into the normal igntion map then re ran the car the car gave the same BHP/Torque figures.

I then went ahead and retuned the Ignition and fuel map to allow the car to run safely on the 95 octane fuel , we ended up a few bhp and LB/FT down on a totaly stock car. We will gain the increased throttle response from the Uprev and the lifting of the RPM limit a little.

Any questions ask away.

Mark

Mark

I seem to recall that after you remapped my '05 roadster (UpRev and subsequently remapped again when you fitted the plenum spacer and the Berks) being told that she was mapped to run on 95.

Maybe my recollection is off but I think I was informed that there was no point in feeding her the higher Octane fuel now she was set up for the 95, as any benefits would be transient when the ECU learned the higher octane settings -

Please put my mind at rest - am I OK running on 95?

• 2 weeks later...
Attached are some dyno plots from the DE car tuned ont he dyno ( my own car) totally stock

Stock map doesnt look happy on 95RON when you get upto 5k RPM does it, looks to go a but haywire. Is that it winding back the timing for knock?

The dyno plot you mention Chris running 98 octane map with 95 Octane map the car is detonating over 5000rpm thats why the dyno plot is going haywire.

So in relation to the other threads currently hot on the topic of running 95RON in a stock car - this shows that the car will get det if you rev it above 5k RPM on 95RON fuel :headhurt:

Hope this serves a a pertinent warning to all members running 95RON fuel other than in an emergency (and mixed with higher grade). If you want to run 95RON and not get det, you need to get it UpRev'd!

On that basis Mark, does that mean when you map for 95RON, you wind back the timing to start with to keep it safe before advancing it to a level just before you get det?

Do the HR engines still only detect detonation up until 4800rpm?

I have a HR which I always run on V power, I do often take the revs up to 7k rpm... Even with good fuel am I going be to hitting detonation? Is the engine going to go bang on me?!?! :scare:

if the stock ecu doesnt like unleaded, would it not be more cost effective to ditch it and plumb in another pnp unit ?

Something like megasquirt, adaptronic or aem ? then spend time on the rollers for a good tune

How much are they though? Mark has put a lot of work into a good map using UpRev which allows you to properly tune the ECU and keep all the stock features. All for £300 for a stock map or ~£400 inc some dyno time. Dont think you will get better than that TBH.