Cuba, advice please.

glrnet

I went about 9 years ago pal, and had an absolute ball. People where quite friendly once they knew we weren't American, weird that. It's quite quirky, and exactly what it looks like in films. Common sense rules though as far as where you end up. Do your homework before you go and you'll be ok. I was usually in company with 5 other burly blokes mind, so maybe not the best commentator on what areas are ok. :lol:

Hi mate, have been 3 times, twice to cayo coco and once to cayo guillarmo, absolutely love the place, a more chilled relaxed holiday you will be pushed to find anywhere.Really depends on what you want to do with your time-for me it was pretty much all about the fishing, so these two places ticked all the boxes, history, well got to be mainland, lots go to varadero and then head on excursions to havana. The Cuban people,imo, are the friendliest,nicest folk I have met,cannot do enough for you.What time of year are you thinking of mate,I preferrred from may through till july,again, best of the fishing and calmest weather.Give me a shout and will help any way i can :thumbs:

:bangin: Should read your post properly........... can't comment on november mate as never been that time...soz