Fuel Readout

rodgeevans

:lol: You know I was going to say that but thought people might think im being daft!

I only ever fill up to halfway unless on a big road trip on the motorways. Just thought that 50 litres of fuel must weigh something that dents fuel economy? Google reckons its about 720 grammes to 1 Litre of fuel, that can add up to a fair amount of extra weight actually!

:lol: You know I was going to say that but thought people might think im being daft!

I only ever fill up to halfway unless on a big road trip on the motorways. Just thought that 50 litres of fuel must weigh something that dents fuel economy? Google reckons its about 720 grammes to 1 Litre of fuel, that can add up to a fair amount of extra weight actually!

Thats what I thought matey, okay for long motorway trips but round town driving it really hits the MPG with all the extra weight. :thumbs::)

Although people say a full tank would dent your fuel economy due to the extra weight. Travelling to the petrol station more frequently and having increased stress of filling up more often probably does not outweigh the cost of filling up full tanks...

That's my opinion anyway... :shrug:

Maybe i will just do half a tank in future, if you reckon it will make a difference, yeah i was thinking it was a bit excessive going over that much. was wondering if its where its got an 80l jdm tank and the clocks have been changed to uk or something so as to read mph and its messed the fuel reading up.

Maybe i will just do half a tank in future, if you reckon it will make a difference, yeah i was thinking it was a bit excessive going over that much. was wondering if its where its got an 80l jdm tank and the clocks have been changed to uk or something so as to read mph and its messed the fuel reading up.

I'm sure UK fuel tanks are bigger than JDM, I stand to be corrected though...

UK fuel tank capacity is 82 litres as far as I remember

Although people say a full tank would dent your fuel economy due to the extra weight. Travelling to the petrol station more frequently and having increased stress of filling up more often probably does not outweigh the cost of filling up full tanks...

That's my opinion anyway... :shrug:

I agree with you. I couldn't be bothered with filling up more frequently. Also, improving MPG isn't that difficult when you are on a rubbish road. No point wasting fuel on a rubbish road!

might as well fill up halfway for round town, and when you do brim it for a motorway drive, the increase in fuel economy will offset the decrease due to extra weight.

And if you're worried about weight, the spare wheel and jack is a good 20kgs - again from the rear of the car, so that'll balance out the heavy fuel... although say half a tank is 40kgs, thats only 2.7% of the weight of the car - might make a small difference off the line and in corners, but at motorway speeds surely the drag coefficient is the biggest factor.

Mine goes a couple of mm over but never that much!

+1

I agree with you. I couldn't be bothered with filling up more frequently. Also, improving MPG isn't that difficult when you are on a rubbish road. No point wasting fuel on a rubbish road!

I hate going to petrol stations, its the most tedious thing ever & then they relieve me of £100 just for the pleasure of it :thumbdown:

Thats my thoughts exactly i normally just do it get it over and done with and fill the bugger up. its out my way to go to the petrol station so would rather not do it all the time, plus i drive a mixed route and still average about 10km/l as most the roads are crap cheap surface country roads with many potholes and ups and downs after that i only do about 5 miles a day on dual carrage way then its town driving for the rest of the journey

JDM tanks are 70 litre. The most i've ever got in my JDM tank is 73.5 litres, and my MPG pod had been flashing as empty for close to 40 miles (long story, on the way back from the nurburgring, late for the ferry, took a wrong turning and had to go 17 miles toward paris whilst on empty :blush: )

So that suggests to me you've got a UK tank :shrug:

JDM tanks are 70 litre. The most i've ever got in my JDM tank is 73.5 litres, and my MPG pod had been flashing as empty for close to 40 miles (long story, on the way back from the nurburgring, late for the ferry, took a wrong turning and had to go 17 miles toward paris whilst on empty :blush: )

So that suggests to me you've got a UK tank :shrug:

yeah mine flashed ----dte for about 20 miles at most then i got over 76 litres in it had to do 2 transactions as the pump stops pumping at £99