Fuel Readout

rodgeevans

Maybe i will just do half a tank in future, if you reckon it will make a difference, yeah i was thinking it was a bit excessive going over that much. was wondering if its where its got an 80l jdm tank and the clocks have been changed to uk or something so as to read mph and its messed the fuel reading up.

I'm sure UK fuel tanks are bigger than JDM, I stand to be corrected though...

UK fuel tank capacity is 82 litres as far as I remember

82 won't be correct. NZ & Aus run 80 litre tanks.

I usually fill my Z up, unless I know I won't be as much driving for a couple of weeks, then slightly less. But when full it goes somewhere around F mark.

i havnt attempted it yet but ill let you know when i do :thumbs:

Do post when you do, my fuel gauge is rubbish, just moves randomly up and down as I drive along occasionally giving me heart attacks by suddenly dropping to empty and putting the warning light on about 50 miles after putting 30 quids worth of petrol in. Probably need to change the fuel sender unit I think?

Mine goes a couple of mm over but never that much!

Same. mm or 2 at the most. Not way off like that.

As long as empty is still just below the red line then I'd say you're fine though. I'd only get nervous if you ran empty whilst it was still reporting a quarter tank!

Slight concern that your clock has been open though for this to be out imho?