GTR Body kit

Snapon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I think if the GTR didnt exist, everyone would be saying its a great look - based on LOOKS alone, it looks good I think. It's not trying to be a GTR in performance just giving it a more aggressive look isnt it?

Possibly but its like these Fanny's up my way who buy a 318 Beemer and pump m3 grilles on the side...

It's just wrong...

I passed an old diesel BMW with a fake M badge on the back struggling down the motorway, and agree that looks ridiculous - but clearly this is a 350z with an aftermarket bumper...I actually think it looks fine, not something I would have, but looks fine.

I passed an old diesel BMW with a fake M badge on the back struggling down the motorway, and agree that looks ridiculous - but clearly this is a 350z with an aftermarket bumper...I actually think it looks fine, not something I would have, but looks fine.

It certainly isn't the worst modded zed I've seen but for my taste it's not for me at all

If you drove that up my way you would be a laughing stock due to the large number of gtrs around. Think how much of a knob you would feel when someone draws up next to you in an r35.

It works because the gtr is nice but the point is that it still shouldn't be done.

:lol::lol: It's ok coope lives in Essex :teeth:

If you drove that up my way you would be a laughing stock due to the large number of gtrs around. Think how much of a knob you would feel when someone draws up next to you in an r35.

It works because the gtr is nice but the point is that it still shouldn't be done.

its not like people are sticking the GTR badge all over it.

agreed if the GTR didn't exsist then the front of that is really nice and works well

also agreed that because the GTR exsists it spoils it for this bumper on the zed.

but i also think it makes it look like a nissan family grille. like peugeots all have the same nose etc.

It's like someone buying a boxster and putting a 911 bumper on it....

It doesn't flow with the lines of the car either and no matter what anybody says, if you turned up at a car meet with that most people would say " look at this tadger trying to make his zed look like a gtr"

i think its better looking than a lot of the crap people put on the zeds to be honest, but it makes it a null and void conversation because the GTR exsists i personally wouldn't do it.

right i have to word this part carefully

but i also feel the same way about people who put big sponsor stickers all over their car when they aren't actually sponsored by them.

or shopping lists on doors when they don't actually own the stuff

or people who put big wings on cars that never actually go fast enough to actually need that much down force.

but at the end of the day people all have their own individual tastes; the world would be dull if we were all the same. and i must admit this forum is starting to get abit like the VW scene, unless people adhere to a set stringent set of rules on how to mod a car people will pi$$ on anything out of the norm.

most people would say "look at this tadger trying to make his zed look like a gtr"

..and I think therein lies the issue - other people will always make assumptions about your car, what you have done to it and why, which on the whole are not usually correct. If you are bothered by them then dont do it. If however you are doing it simply because YOU like the look of it then by all means go for it - looking at the bumper in isolation, it looks fine.

You could argue that everyone on here who has a wing fitted to the back of their car is in a similar boat. Average speed in the London area for instance is about 10mph, why have a wing on the back if you never need the downforce 99% of the time? I mean, you are not driving a 500bhp racing Porsche so why are you putting on parts that you find on a 500bhp Porsche. But, personally I like the wing, it looks fine. :shrug:

most people would say "look at this tadger trying to make his zed look like a gtr"

..and I think therein lies the issue - other people will always make assumptions about your car, what you have done to it and why, which on the whole are not usually correct. If you are bothered by them then dont do it. If however you are doing it simply because YOU like the look of it then by all means go for it - looking at the bumper in isolation, it looks fine.

You could argue that everyone on here who has a wing fitted to the back of their car is in a similar boat. Average speed in the London area for instance is about 10mph, why have a wing on the back if you never need the downforce 99% of the time? I mean, you are not driving a 500bhp racing Porsche so why are you putting on parts that you find on a 500bhp Porsche. But, personally I like the wing, it looks fine. :shrug:

I'm not from London and my car gets driven hard. The wing I'm putting on soon will be functionally aswell as authentically pleasing.

What your not grasping is the fact your making a car look like another. Make it unique by all means but don't imitate.

but at the end of the day people all have their own individual tastes; the world would be dull if we were all the same. and i must admit this forum is starting to get abit like the VW scene, unless people adhere to a set stringent set of rules on how to mod a car people will pi$$ on anything out of the norm.

+1

People have opinions, they do or dont agree with things. But I dont think you can justify your opinion as correct when we are talking subjectively about something like a styling option? I am fully intent on making my Zed completely unique and doing what I like to it hence the creative rear badge (when the old one warped!) and heading over to RTP to make some changes to my front bumper rather than conform to a nismo 1 or 2. ;)

I'm not from London and my car gets driven hard. The wing I'm putting on soon will be functionally aswell as authentically pleasing.

What your not grasping is the fact your making a car look like another. Make it unique by all means but don't imitate.

Tthought you might take that personally, it wasnt meant to be. I also mentioned 'similar boat' so a matter of comparison rather than part of the same discussion as a 'rule' if you like regarding styling only seems to be selective.

My first point kind of answered your last point, that you are assuming that the OP wants to make his car look like another car - what if he just happens to like the styling of the GTR bumper over others and purely wants it because he likes it? You are assuming (reference my main point above) that he wants to look like a GTR not that he likes the look of the bumper and just wants it on his car for a look that he likes?

Thats the point I am trying to make, not failing to grasp others.

Since I have bought the Zed I checkd out loads of front bumpers, actually most of them look like some other car or another but to be honest it really doesnt matter.