TCS not working?!

sunshine

ESP which helps control a slide and point you forwards again is controlled by a linked system to the TCS, however you can turn TCS off and not ESP (unless you know the right fuse to disable both of them and the ABS). ESP will allow the car a certain amount of sideways movement before it kicks in. I beleive the ESP uses TCS to tell if the wheels are spinning and a yaw sensor and steering angle sensor to tell if you are sideways. So this will likely have been active, you just might not have known about it. I cant remember but I think ESP and TCS have different lights on the dash - albeit I think they are located together.

plus if the tyres on the rears were brand spanking new and it was raining then they would be very slippery.

as when tyres come out the factory they have a sort of plasticy film layer over them to keep them looking a nice shiny black during storage.

tyres can be the sames as brakes - they require bedding in before they are ready to take a hammering!

Clutching at straws now aren't we neil?

Problems been answered now by someone wanting to help so get out of my thread, thanks.

I really hope I get to meet you one day kid.

"a brilliant man finds a way not to fight a war" ;)

Sometimes you have to fight a battle to stop the war :lol:

Locked as the OP clearly has an answer he's happy with and before this goes any further downhill.

FWIW if you don't want to listen to people who have experience then that's fine, but there really is no need to go off at the deep end when they do try and pass that experience onto you.

Common courtesy costs nothing people.

Please respect each other and if one party tries to entice you into lowering the tone please be the bigger man (or woman) and rise above it. Fighting on an internet forum is the lamest thing EVER!

:)