Corrosion Warranty claim in...... **UPDATE**

manphibian

Are you claiming on an otherwise unwarrantied car just as the car should not have corrosion when so new? Or do you have a warranty with third party?

Sorry for asking: This sounds like a "common topic": But I'm new to these parts :yahoo:

UK Zeds have a NISSAN 12 year anti-corrosion warranty...but maufacturers will do their utmost to use the small print to avoid paying claims.

It's fairly obvious to me that the lips of both the front and rear wings are vulnerable, so you need to keep the insides free of dirt and mud and keep applying waxoyl or similar at regular intervals.

• 2 weeks later...

I've asked about these corrosion warranty stamps at both of my last services, according to Nissan if you have a FNSH then you don't need the additional stamp, the extra stamp is only needed if you get a service elsewhere when the car needs to be inspected by Nissan... I'm sure they'll probably argue about it if I ever need to claim though!

• 3 weeks later...

Took mine into the dealers today for bubbling on both rear arches, the usual pictures were taken. They phoned back wanting me to take the car in for "paint thickness checks". Apparently they like to find out if its ever been resprayed and may try to wiggle out if it has. Fingers crossed.

manphibian, did they check your paint thickness?

Took mine into the dealers today for bubbling on both rear arches, the usual pictures were taken. They phoned back wanting me to take the car in for "paint thickness checks". Apparently they like to find out if its ever been resprayed and may try to wiggle out if it has. Fingers crossed.

manphibian, did they check your paint thickness?

No. They had a real good look for signs or respray though.

As it happens, the car is in the bodyshop as we speak....