Last minute Holiday - Turkey

Humpy

So the girlfriend and I thought we would book a cheap last minute holiday. :yahoo:

Fly off a week Friday to Turkey for 2 weeks in 4* all inclusive ( beer o'clock ) Wouldnt dare say it to the other half but Im still imagining what lovely mods I could do to the Zed with what we have spent! :boxing:

Anyone stayed South West of Turkey near the Aegean Sea/coast and any recommened places to visit.

Cheers

Steve.

I have a villa in Turkey in the South where are you actually going?

Going to a place in Ovacik, about 15/20 minutes away from the coast. Nearest beach attraction seems to be Oludeniz beach ( blue lagoon ).

Oh man, your going to have a whale of a time that's where my Villa is I got back from there last week and the temperature was in the 40's take plenty of sun cream. I don't know where to start for you to visit first, for eating out and night life you can walk down into Hisaronu town it's a strip about a mile long full with resturants and bars I eat out every night as it's so cheap and I'm talking steaks and lamb shanks for £8 a full blown meal with wine will be about £18 ahead. If your wanting a beach you need to go to Oludenuz Beach it's another resort about 1/4 mile too far to walk but cabs are about £5 or a dolmus (bus ride) £2. It's the most photographed beach in the World if you don't want waves walk around the corner to Billys beach in the lagoon where I watched turtles surfacing while out with the kids on the pedoloes.

If you have the nerve you must do a paragliding jump Oludenuz has the highest jumping site in Europe it's nealy 7000 feet high and takes nearly an hour to get to the landing strip which is on the beach as for day trips go on a jeep safari your'll love it but be prepaird to get wet!

Let us know how you got on B)

Oh man, your going to have a whale of a time that's where my Villa is I got back from there last week and the temperature was in the 40's take plenty of sun cream. I don't know where to start for you to visit first, for eating out and night life you can walk down into Hisaronu town it's a strip about a mile long full with resturants and bars I eat out every night as it's so cheap and I'm talking steaks and lamb shanks for £8 a full blown meal with wine will be about £18 ahead. If your wanting a beach you need to go to Oludenuz Beach it's another resort about 1/4 mile too far to walk but cabs are about £5 or a dolmus (bus ride) £2. It's the most photographed beach in the World if you don't want waves walk around the corner to Billys beach in the lagoon where I watched turtles surfacing while out with the kids on the pedoloes.

If you have the nerve you must do a paragliding jump Oludenuz has the highest jumping site in Europe it's nealy 7000 feet high and takes nearly an hour to get to the landing strip which is on the beach as for day trips go on a jeep safari your'll love it but be prepaird to get wet!

Let us know how you got on B)

Excellent, so glad you are giving it good reviews! Damn it should of just stayed at your villa :p

We are staying here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... Coast.html which is in its first year of opening so you may know of this place? Will definately be eating out a few nights to get away from the hotel restaurant as we are fully inclusive and fancy going to some traditional Turkish taverns etc.

As for the The Oludenuz beach, will be going there for sure and interesting fact about it being the most photgraphed beach! Heard that turtles pop up in the sand next to you if your lucky.... Think Some snorkelling action will be going on.

Cheers for the info though Ace, much appreciated. :thumbs:

Steve

All this talk makes me want to do the same, I could do with a week of sun, work is dragging!

Yeah it got that point where I just need a break from my business and my g/f is social worker and also desperately needed a break! To be honest cant really afford it but it just got to that stage where you got have some fun and get away from it all!

Go on Geoff book a holiday you know you want to :teeth:

stayed in olu deniz last year and it was fantastic, a great little restaurant is buzz bar. and the lagoon is gorgeous, :thumbs: and dont forget the market in Fethiye on tuesday for the best fakes

Yep, Fethiya is a stunning port town where you can book a Gulet (boat) to cruise the islands and yes they sell high end fake goods there's a bag shop there that sells top brand bags of very high quality. If you visit Fethiya which is a must go to the fish market it's an area that has seafood stalls selling fresh caught fish and huge prawns they clean them for you then the resturants surrounding the stalls cook the food for you for only 6 lira it's a fantastic site to see. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just literally got back in from my holiday in Turkey and have to say what a cracking holiday!

Ace will give you abit more detail of the holiday etc but if you have a villa over in Ovacik then Im very jealous indeed.

Need to catch up on the forum though, 6 pages worth just on the 'off topic discussion' :scare:

Ps. On a good note my pop charger was waiting for me when I got in :thumbs: