What do decats and y-pipes offer??...

Karlp

as above guys after hearing Ian's decat oem exhaust I loved the sound but as a worst noob what will decats and a y-pipe offer on my stock exhaust with stainless steel manifolds, just seen this on flea bay and seems quite cheap EBay item 120774367700 ?

Better torque, sound etc?

Any help appreciated :thumbs:

Karl - please please please go and do some reading - SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND ;)

Vik, you sound like lexx ;);) , I did :blush: just checking if you do get any bhp increase 5-10% and is torque much better?

Just trying to see what you would recommend for a noob? :)

If you have read around you will know that without the Uprev you are unlikely to see any consistent long term gains :thumbs:

We love having noobs asking questions - but I think out of your 300 odd posts at least 200 must've been questions - c'mon luv do some research :bangin::lol:

karl, the decats will give you lots of rasp and rattle like you heard from my exhaust. Don't forget I did have the scorpion exhaust which is pretty raspy itself.

You wont make anywhere near as much power as you expect. I made 305 with a plethora of stuff done. The stainless headers you have usually show a better gain but usually not cost effective due to time to fit. As they are already fitted then its a win situation for you.

However, to see any power gains you will need a remap as the ecu will map back to factory settings after it realises stuff has been tampered with. :thumbs:

karl, the decats will give you lots of rasp and rattle like you heard from my exhaust. Don't forget I did have the scorpion exhaust which is pretty raspy itself.

You wont make anywhere near as much power as you respect. I made 305 with a plethora of stuff done. The stainless headers you have usually show a better gain but usually not cost effective due to time to fit. As they are already fitted then its a win situation for you.

However, to see any power gains you will need a remap as the ecu will map back to factory settings after it realises stuff has been tampered with. :thumbs:

Where's Neily?!!!! - what have you done with him!?????

You wont make anywhere near as much power as you respect. I made 305 with a plethora of stuff done. The stainless headers you have usually show a better gain but usually not cost effective due to time to fit. As they are already fitted then its a win situation for you.

Where's Neily?!!!! - what have you done with him!?????

hahaha mexican air affecting me. Back in sunny scotland now :lol: . I'll rephrase... i spent a sh1t load and made basically sweet f=== all :lol:

Thanks Neil :thumbs:

The sound your zed makes is pretty sick!

So think a decat is worth a £150 punt for some more rasp?

it suits some people and doesnt others :lol: I really love the sound of my car especially under load on full chat.

Pm Zmanalex and see if he has any laying around as if he has the will obviously be of a suitable quality. I have cheat japspeed decats and I know the will eventually crack and need changed.

Horsham Developments also do a resonated type decat also for a decent price. :thumbs: