Not a bad drag race selection.

tez162003

Funily enough I drove an Evora S a few weeks ago along with a Fezza, DB9, blah blah ans at the end the guys asked my favourite car. If it was my money the Evora S everytime. Straight line maybe it'd be whipped anywhere but going round twisties and I'd be smiling from ear to ear and not giving a crap what anyone else was driving.

Evora S on twisties - WOW!

Evora :thumbdown: Doesn't bode well, BMW and Cayman not in the same league and well down on power.

Another 1/4 mile and the 458 I think would have nailed the GTR...

a second and a half down on a F458 over the quarter mile isn't dire when you look at the price difference ;)

As phenomenal as the GTR is on value for money - there are cars in that line up with MUCH higher power to weight, so something is not quite right about that imho. The 458 as an example has power to weight 25% higher than the GTR.

What about torque to weight?

Aye, can't argue on value, but really was just looking at performance - the 458 was gobbling up the GTR at the end - in fact think it would have gone past in about 3 or 4 seconds more.

If you started talking about value then the Cayman vs the GTR doesn't really seem fair ;) Bit of a bizarre line up to be honest...

As phenomenal as the GTR is on value for money - there are cars in that line up with MUCH higher power to weight, so something is not quite right about that imho. The 458 as an example has power to weight 25% higher than the GTR.

The R8 GT is higher in both power to weight and torque to weight. :shrug:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the launch control systems on these cars? That could make a big difference. The GTR with 4wd should clear the line quicker than the 458, but the R8? That should be clearing the line quicker than the GTR with its higher torque/weight and higher power to weight (only slightly higher on the former, but a good 20% higher on the latter).

The R8 GT is higher in both power to weight and torque to weight. :shrug:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the launch control systems on these cars? That could make a big difference. The GTR with 4wd should clear the line quicker than the 458, but the R8? That should be clearing the line quicker than the GTR with its higher torque/weight and higher power to weight (only slightly higher on the former, but a good 20% higher on the latter).

Alex's GTR just ate the R8 at Knockhill like it was standing still and that was on the pits straight, as I found out during my hot laps. On the corners the R8 was was way out of its depth - but put that down to the driving as opposed to the car ;)

Thats not the V10 R8 GT though. Its the 4.2 V8 version. The V8 is 414bhp, the V10 GT is 552 bhp, and lighter. Im not surprised the GTR showed the V8 version of the R8 a clean pair of heels.

If i had the money i'd take the R8 any day of the week. Just needs a fruitier exhaust if the one at Knockhill is anything to go by.