KEYFOB.. help please

AmyZed

Hey all,

I went to Timpsons in town today and asked them to replace my key fob battery... as sometimes now to open my Zed it doesnt work (for ages!! bit scary!!) alarm goes off if i do it with key.

They asked me whether it has a 'time delay' on it- they said if it does and they take the battery out... it will then not work... so i didnt get them to do it....

Has anyone ever heard of this? they didnt even look at the key fob properly, they just said theyd rather not do it incase it has got time delay.??

I am hoping you all can assure me it hasnt got this and youve all swapped batteries over no problem.. or would you advise i do go to Nissan??? (be a pain in ass as timpsons is next to my work!!)

thanks

This is good news, and probably cheaper than Nissan too !!

annoyingly i only have the ONE KEYFOB!!! Has any one else got one copied? i hope this is possible... ive always had two. Its a worry just one!!

Would Nissan have to write another fob or can someone else do that? also... how do they do that!? as ill need the fob so cant send it off!!

Blade blanks are only about £2 online and as biscuit said key fobs can be reprogrammed to other cars so a second hand one is fine :thumbs: Just remember UK only work with UK cars and JDM ones for Jap imports (JDM FOB / PLIPPER IS THINNER THAN UK - so easy to spot the difference). :thumbs:

Buying 2nd hand keys off eBay is very hit and miss because there are 2 types of key that look identical.

One has an powered transponder on the circuit board (UK built cars) and the other a passive transponder chip (Jap built, UK-spec 350Z).

When I finally got one of the correct type it still wouldn't encode... I think the chip has to be new and unused.

Recently I think someone did actually manage to make up a spare key cheaply but I can't find the thread.