Kindle 3

nixy

In the 'experimental' section you've got some useful features like an internet browser and text to speech. The internet browser is basic, but OK for emergencies and free to use even on the 3G network. Text to speech is reasonable enough to be of real use, I use a radio transmitter so I can have my Kindle read to me through my Zed's stereo on longer journeys.

Yes, i had a look at the internet on it last night, like you say it's basic but very useable especially with wifi! I did put a load of books off a disc on there but whilst I can see them on 'F' drive on my lap top when I plug the Kindle in I can't actually see them on the Kindle itself. Am I correct in thinking I need to download Calibre and do something on my laptop with them first? Obviously the ones i've got off Amazon are showing fine........

Nah! Kindle is a far superior reader to the iPad, you made the right choice.

You'll need to convert your books to a compatible format, I find mobi to be perfectly good and calibre is a very easy to use tool for it.

Have been reading loads more since I got mine. :thumbs:

If you fancy a decent read on the Kindle I can thoroughly recommend the novella The Last Best Day ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Last-Best-Day-ebook/dp/B004LLIE8Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1315337817&sr=8-7

It's one I wrote and published a few months ago. A little rough around the edges in places, but some people have told me it's a good read.

Please excuse my blatant advertising, but what the hell eh? :lol:

I am familiar with the ipad as my sister has one - or should i say her 4 and 10 year old fight over it to watch youtube and cover it in finger marks...... got to say I wasn't that impressed with it and would just stick to the lap top personally. I got the kindle for reading not internet and it's so light and easy to hold especially if you read while laying in bed! Might give 'the last best day' a read as long as it costs less than 50p!! :lol: