Dirty headlight lens (inside)

ashyk36

Ive been searching over 2 hours now, the inside of my headlight lens are filthy. All the posts have talked about making the inside of the headlights black in which case they need to bake them and then paint them then put them back together..

My question is if i only want to clean the inside of the lens, is there another way of doing it, or is this the only way?

If this is the only way how difficult is this task to perform?

Thanks

Personally they would have to be really dirty for me to want to split them. Most (if not all) of the lights I've seen that have been split open in the past have condensation - not that I've seen any of Husky's so he may be able to work around that. Something to be very careful of.

Personally they would have to be really dirty for me to want to split them. Most (if not all) of the lights I've seen that have been split open in the past have condensation - not that I've seen any of Husky's so he may be able to work around that. Something to be very careful of.

^^This is the reason I don't offer this service. It's difficult to offer 100% guarantee of no condensation.

PS: heat gun is easier to use for this but wont provide as good seal after. take apart with heat gun, put back together with oven.

Are you sure it's the insides that are dirty? My front lights had some marks on them and it looked like it was on the inside but after reading on here about people polishing their lights I tried some Megs Metal Polish on mine and they've come up really well.

If it's deffo on the inside then I would be on the look out for some new (second hand) ones. They do come up now and again, You should also be able to fit the facelift one's if you see any :thumbs:

You mean the bi xenon 1s?

Is there a lot of difference between the xenon ones i have and the bi-xenons... meaning wiring (insides)?

That's on the inside????? Flipping heck!

I'd be splitting them if I was you. You couldn't make it worse!

Looks to me as if they've not been sealed properly or maybe you've been missing the splash guards in the arches.

Oh, my lights were split about 3 years ago, they condensated quickly, were redone and they've been spot on ever since with no condensation at all. :)

• 3 weeks later...