Considering a new exhaust and after some advice.

deank93

Hi all,

I have been giving some thought to changing my standard exhaust and was after some advice on what I should go for.

I want something that sounds a bit beefier but not anything that could be considered obnoxious and overly loud, just something a notch or two up from standard. In terms of looks I like subtle, I'm really not into anything too ott or chavvy that doesn't suit the car, a wee power gain wouldn't go a miss but it isn't my priority.

Can anyone suggest what and where I should be looking at and how much I'd be looking at parting with.

Many thanks, Dean.

Just to say I'm currently running a K2 and without ever having the stock to compare it to, it's exactly the type of exhaust I wanted. No real noise until you put your foot down, motorway cruising it's fine and you can hear the radio/talk to passenger fine. It doesn't look daft, or sound daft but has a nice rumble to it when you want it do, I'm sure a few other people on here will be able to advise on other exhausts.

just had some Berk HFCs fitted and now it's a different story, louder through low/mid range, but the noise it makes is :cloud9:

I have a K2 on mine, and the sound is great. :cloud9:

The fit is. . . . .well, it fits, but we had to fiddle it a bit, and there's a screw I put in to one of the rear pipes to stop the rattle. It's the 2nd one as the first had a 15mm section which wasn't welded so I took it back. :wacko:

If you're fitting it yourself, allow a bit of 'adjustment time' as Japspeed quality is not of the first order. From what I've seen, Milltek quality and fit is better. But, with a bit of adjustment, you'll get it to fit, and Hey, it's an exhaust, it's underneath, and it's the function which is important. The 304 stainless feels good, so it's not going to rot anytime soon.

The sound is fantastic, and I love it - there's loads of threads with clips of the sound, and if you go thte next step with Berks it sounds even better! :thumbs::cloud9:

good Luck with your choice - and whatever you pick you'll enjoy the improvement! :thumbs:

Hi - i'm the same as you, in fact my Z is in the garage right now having a Scorpion cat back fitted cos my OEM rusted away (too many donuts on the beach...)

googled HFC and got back High Flow Cats..

Got my scorpion here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-E ... 4534435847

Quick question for anyone - should I be looking for scrap value for the bits they are taking off? its a rusted OEM system from the catalytic converters back - ie no nice platinum or anything but weighs a fair bit

Thanks

Thanks very much for everyones replys, much appriciated.

I have a silly question...I'm hanging my head in shame as I type this...what exactly is a stillen ypipe and Berks?

OEM Y pipe has 2 flexi joints,the Stillen is solid. Usefull if fitting a Scorpion as it pulls it back about 4-5 mm so no rattles or lop-sided zorst.

Berks HFC as said above High Flow Cats they improve breathing if you re-map,sound great and they weight less than half of the OEM cats.

@coldel

did i say cat back? no meant ypipe back..

and useful info re: stillen..

just called garage to check on it and they are apparently struggling a little bit to get it on..

its all "a bit close" apparently. they said it is v well made though.