I quite like it...

coldel

...I took off my Z badges front and back and resprayed them satin black as they had faded from black when I bought them to a sort of brown colour (ebay cheapies).

Front one went back on no problem, back one, well at some point the badge had warped and was out of shape. I had lying around a 350Z badge in chrome, so I did a little spray job on that, removed the now knackered rear badge and put my 350Z on the back in its place.

Apologies for the poor light, but I think it has come out pretty well :thumbs: I had to use the sides of the 0 to cover the holes, so maybe it is a few mm out and slightly to the left but I think it works ok.

IMG_7697.jpg

Personally I would have gone for a Likwid Art rear badge but if you like it then thats all that matters :thumbs:

I am considering that one, its just that I had this one kicking around and thought it would be a good trial run.

The more I had the burger on the back the more I disliked it ... the warped badge gave me a good excuse to take it off really.

I reckon if you centred the '350' and dropped the 'Z' directly below it that would look mint, but i guess it would be trickey to conceal the holes that way.

At the end of the day, you've already said you like it, and yours is the only opinion that should matter. :thumbs:

DB

I'm more a fan of the burgers if im honest. I like the black 350 that looks B) but the Z looks too big and would probably look better in the centre, rather than offset. :thumbs:

I like the Boxster S badge with the bigger S so was trying to get something like that.

The photo doesn't really do it justice, the silver Z sticks out a mile on the photo but in normal light it is more discreet. Also I think i moved the camera slightly so it smudged the Z making it look bigger than it is.

Would love the back completely debadged, would need a good bodyshop to do it though.

not working for me ......personally i d have just spray the o/e buger body colour and fitted that. :teeth:

nice try though to be different. :thumbs:

i opted to go this route until i can get it back to a the bodyshop for a de-badge look. :thumbs:

dsc0528i.jpg

Black Likwid art tommy k badge could look smart :D

Yeah the top of the Z on it would cover the holes I think on the likwid art badge.

Not too sure about that black Z on orange burger...I was thinking of ordering some satin silver Zs and spraying the Z black - might look quite nice.

Black Likwid art tommy k badge could look smart :D

Yeah the top of the Z on it would cover the holes I think on the likwid art badge.

Not too sure about that black Z on orange burger...I was thinking of ordering some satin silver Zs and spraying the Z black - might look quite nice.

mine started off as black Z badges but they faded so bad. :lol: so opted for colour coding.must admit its not the best pic to show the finished job. :blush:

Buster, I hope you don't mind me asking but what level of tint have you got on your Zed?

I'm looking to get mine tinted and yours looks sweet :thumbs: was thinking of limo tint from the b-pillar back but I dont think I can put any tint forwards from this due to the new restrictions.....as far as I'm aware the front side windows are almost at the limit from standard.

Any advice or guidance welcome! ;)

Buster, I hope you don't mind me asking but what level of tint have you got on your Zed?

I'm looking to get mine tinted and yours looks sweet :thumbs: was thinking of limo tint from the b-pillar back but I dont think I can put any tint forwards from this due to the new restrictions.....as far as I'm aware the front side windows are almost at the limit from standard.

Any advice or guidance welcome! ;)

Sorry m8 but they were done before i got the zed.I can tell you that the fronts are nowhere near as dark as the rear (I believe they are limo) and at some angles the fronts dont look that tinted :teeth:

Just seen this thread - badges looking good!

I've still not got round to replacing my Zed badges with the black ones I got from ebay (think it was the same seller as yours Coldel). I'm thinking that it may well be best to spray them with black paint now if they're prone to fading.

Can I ask what black paint you've used or would recommend?

Thanks

S.

Hi Coldel,

looks better on the new pics but still not sure if the off centre Z works for me. Love what you've done with the badges but for me they would have to be on either the left or right side of the boot.

Only my opinion and all that :lol: Car looks great.

Edit: Don't know though, looked at the again and growing on me......

Yeah its a bit strange isn't it - I liked it, then started umming and urring and thought about the Tommy K badges - but now really like it again. I thought about putting the Z under the 350 but when I test placed them it didn't look right. The other option was to spray up the original Z which is smaller and use that so that its all black and looks less offset.

Squee yes I would spray them yourself before putting them on, someone said to me the black ebay badges fade - mine went within months. I just bought some grey primer and satin black spray paint from Halfords - 4 layers of primer then 3 layers of black pain all is well :thumbs: