Front rattle found?

imhereithink85

Hi guys,

Been investigating an annoying rattle front the front area today. And i think i have found the source, it looks like the bannana arm bush on the left has perished. Just to double check i looked at the right arm and it looks in good condition. Would someone mind looking at the below pictures to confirm this? :thumbs:

29082011581.jpg

Front left bannana arm bush

29082011583.jpg

Front right bannana arm bush

Thanks for the help :)

shagged

best to do both sides. It will take you a couple of hours to do, you will need a bush press though.

If its like most of the other cars ive done, its actually easier to just replace the whole arm rather than just replace the bushes. In which case you dont need a press.

shagged

best to do both sides. It will take you a couple of hours to do, you will need a bush press though.

If its like most of the other cars ive done, its actually easier to just replace the whole arm rather than just replace the bushes. In which case you dont need a press.

4 times the price too though!

Yeah its like £80 for the bushes or £500 for both arms :wacko: I know the route ill be going down. Ill take plenty of pics and do a write up on it as im sure there is plenty more to be done out there :thumbs:

Jesus Christ. Last year I replaced these on my mk4 golf and they came in at 25quid each side for the whole wishbone!!! Thats a hell of a difference!