Service decision

BigJammy

Hi

I am due to get a service & MOT done on the 54 plate. I have got 2 quote for services.

I am unsure which garage to use is it worth 100 pound more for the main dealer.

Ancaster south Croydon

P2 450

P3 500

Abbey Sport Motor

P2 291 + 54.85 = 345 .85

P3 348 + 54.85 =402.85

I do all my servicing myself.

That way I know its been done properly with the fluids I want and to the standards I want.

You also know then that some idiot hasn't taken your car our for a 'test flight' sorry road test.

However, I do use a few garages who I trust after having good experience with them.

That way I know its been done properly with the fluids I want and to the standards I want.

You also know then that some idiot hasn't taken your car our for a 'test flight' sorry road test.

However, I do use a few garages who I trust after having good experience with them.

+1 I dont feel our cars keep much value by being serviced by Nissan, Less IMO :lol:

Im in the same boat. I always service all my cars myself as i just do not trust garages and i know noone will treat my car with the same care as i do.

Im just worried that those not in the know will frown on lack of garage stamp in service book.

Im in the same boat. I always service all my cars myself as i just do not trust garages and i know noone will treat my car with the same care as i do.

Im just worried that those not in the know will frown on lack of garage stamp in service book.

Get yourself an ink stamp of ebay :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Rubber-Stamps-New-Black-Ink-Self-Inking-/230634162479?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&var=&hash=item7b68289bbe

I actually already have one of those! I used to always service my mates cars for them and give them a stamp in the service book.

My doubt more was that if its not a "proper" garage`s stamp in the book, rather than a private individual. Still, I think as long as I come across as an enthusiast when I come to sell it, rather than as some pie eating cowboy I should be ok!

I can certainly recommend abbey:

1. I got fed up with doing my own servicing after too much time crawling under everything from a 2cv to a caterham

2. They are nice people to do business with

3. I think the significance of a dealer stamp diminishes as time passes.

4. They can provide solutions which the nissan dealers can't. They have already saved me money/provided superior solutions to 3 common 350z issues.