Battery Booster Pack

Ian

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent one thats resonably priced?

Battery on the GTR is a bit crap & dies after a couple of days of non use :dry:

Surely the battery is ****ed Ian if it dies after a couple of days of non use :surrender:

I got a different one from Halfords - charger and booster/starter was a bit worried at first as the leads didnt look heavy enough but it does the job well.

Will get the model for you tomorrow :thumbs:

I also ve an optimate that I use when the car is parked up for more than a day or two - does a brilliant job :thumbs:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OptiMate-4-Batt ... 178&sr=8-1

My mate has one of those ones from Halfords and its started our cars a few times when the Zed and Ibiza batteries were on the way out.

I'll second Dave though, surely you need a better battery or something is draining it if it cant start the car after 2 days. I leave the Zed for weeks at a time and it fires first time every time ( *touch wood* ). Cant see how they can have designed it with such a small battery that you cant leave it for longer than 24hrs without it starting :surrender:

Maybe something like an Optima? Sure the GTROC will have the solution rather than using a booster all the time, thats not good for the battery.

I'll second Dave though, surely you need a better battery or something is draining it if it cant start the car after 2 days. I leave the Zed for weeks at a time and it fires first time every time ( *touch wood* ). Cant see how they can have designed it with such a small battery that you cant leave it for longer than 24hrs without it starting :surrender:

If its a new battery then surely it should maintain eneough charge or a couple of days!

+1 On something draining it.

What ampere/hour rating is it? For example, if it's a 72A/H battery and there is a current drain of 1 amp (which is a lot) then it'll theoretically go fault in 72 hours, I'm with Beavis on this, I'd be looking for a current drain somewhere. Do you have any non standard items fitted that could be causing this? Has it always done this or have you fitted something recently that might cause it? :shrug:

Nope, its a new battery. Its just pretty small so within a few days of it not being used theres not enough life to turn it over

Will check it later :) only had it a month so i cant say if its a fault thats always been there or not. Only extras that ive fitted are a turbo timer, afr gauge & a new headunit - none of which work with the igntion off.

Gtroc suggest a trickle charger for when its not in use (poor battery life seems pretty common over there). My car lives outdoors though & most of them have garages.

My mate has the same issue on his evo, that usually dies within 3 days of non use but at that point there is no life in the battery - mine will operate everything but won't start.

Does the new HU not take a permenant live and IGN live feed? Sometimes these get mixed up, I've seen it before and they are actually the wrong way around compared to any ISO block you might use. New HU can drain a car battery if they are wired incorrectly. I would get a multimeter and make sure the right feeds are going to the right pins in the blocks.