Hello part 2.

MK-Ultra

Hi guys and girls, my name is Lionel, i already introduced myself last week but due to phone issues (i.e not working) and a misplaced and still not found camera, i was unable to upload any photos of my new beast. so here goes....

350z1.jpg

350z2.jpg

350z3.jpg

350z4.jpg

350z5.jpg

I am a very happy owner of a beautiful car. Loving every second i spend in it!! :teeth:

I just have a few questions about my new car or the 350's in general.

I know about the service schedule etc. Just wanted to know what, if anything i should keep an eye out for (apart from my speed!!) As there are so my posts to try and read through if any of you could point me in the direction of some useful ones that would be great.

Its only done just over 30k so far with a FSH, so i should have it a while before i need to worry about anything thing, but would like to keep ahead of things.

As i put in my welcome post the only issuse i have is my car makes a rumbling/grinding noise with the clutch engaged in neutral and as i pull away. Loud enough that i can hear it over the exhurst and engine. While i understand thats a common thing i just wanted to make sure as the last car i had that made a similar noise it was part of the clutch wearing out, although to clutch seems fine on my car.

Also i've heard of people having damaged diffs from MOT centres putting the car on rollers to do the brake test. While i'm not saying my diffs are any way damaged, what would the symptons be? As i've only ever owned FWD cars i've never had to worry about this!!!

Sorry if i've asked questions that have already been asked a million times but i couldn't find a difinitive answer. This seems to be a very friendly and informative site so i'm looking forward to contributing any way i can.

Many thanks for reading this, sorry if a bit long winded

P.S are there any meets that go on in or around the Hertfordshire area, there seems to be plenty further north but not a lot down this way

Thanks for that mate, not used photobucket before still getting used to it!!

Do you reckon it might be the bearing then? I got it from an official dealer but it was quite a way away so didnt really want to bring it all the way up there if nothing is wrong with it. Is that the main sympton then?

Nice looking car bud :thumbs: Your noise when pulling away sounds a bit dodgy, but mine rattles a bit with the clutch out when idling in neutral. The noise disappears as soon as you dip the clutch though. As far as I know this is common and is just the release bearing.

Thanks for the nice comments. I got it from near Oxford was looking for one in night/twilight blue and finally found this one.

I'm probably going to have to take it back to the dealer then. I know different cars have their unique sounds/noises but i don't think it should be making a sound like this. Bit annoying as i i didnt hear it on the test drive and apart from that the car is perfect.