Where to buy a lip?

jenic

I can also supply a real carbon fibre front bumper cover if you are interested. I know its not a splitter,but adds menace to the front of the car. PM me if your interested.

Are you able to make the 350z amuse diffuser in carbon out of interest?

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47102&start=45

On page 4 are pictures of the newer material i now make them from. I can however still get the other material as seen on page 1 if your interested.

Not wanting to take on anymore projects at the moment,as still not done the rear strut cover yet,and also got an entire dash kit to do at some point also.

Here you go

http://www.370z-uk.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 2&start=45

On page 4 are pictures of the newer material i now make them from. I can however still get the other material as seen on page 1 if your interested.

Not wanting to take on anymore projects at the moment,as still not done the rear strut cover yet,and also got an entire dash kit to do at some point also.

lol

I've already bought one of them off you ;)

I thought you mean it was something else when you called it a cover.

I bought one of these the other week and it doesn't fit very well :thumbdown: Looks ok on but the fit and finish is poor. Still trying to mod mine to get it to fit properly and not sure if it will ever fit properly. Might end up in the bin yet!

How much did you pay out of interest?

Shame it doesn't fit well, where is the problem?

I made an offer and paid £85 for it. I found that the one of the ends that wraps around the bumper at the front of the wheel arch to hold it on was a bit off and it was bending the plastic of the lip out and not fitting against the bumper. The other side was Ok though. Also the centre section that goes below the grill has a gap at one end as the curve has been cut a bit off and you can see the bumper colour below through the gap. This can be filled in though. Also a few other slight gaps elsewhere due to the bad finishing but this can be fixed quite easily with a bit of sanding. It also sticks quite far forward and is a lot bigger than the Nismo V1 lip that it is based on.

I'm also not sure how to attach it. It came with two brackets that fit underneath into pre drilled holes underneath the lip. Doesn't seem to be anywhere sensible to attach it to the car though as they only seems to line up with the air deflector on the bottom of the bumper rather than the bolt holes on the under tray.

I would advise against getting one as it will be a lot of hassle to fit and you'll either have to drill holes underneath the front somewhere and possibly in the wheel archs or tape it on. You might get lucky though and get one that has been trimmed properly and fits. I guess I've learned my lesson for buying a cheap one.

This thread reminded me that i bought one of the HC lips from ebay a month or so and haven't done anything with it yet. I've got a spare bumper too so i've done a trial fit this evening and i'm pleasantly surprised by how well it fits.

DSCF0516A.jpg

DSCF0513A.jpg

DSCF0514A.jpg

VS style lip from EPRacing will be in stock in 8 weeks time... had this idea myself you see :surrender:

Bought an N1 replica from the states on fleabay (my car is low and WILL destroy any lip I fit) and it fits fine, will need some fiddling, but as it's so flexible it can just be heated to bend any which way suits. Will get some pics up once mine is on! :thumbs:

Seibon ones are usually good quality but are expensive. Whats wrong with the EPR one or not to your style?

I would prefer CF tbh.

The only problem with CF is if it doesn't fit you can't just being it in place/chop it etc, so it must be perfect!

I might go with an EPR one when they come in stock and then get it wrapped in CF vinyl

Seibon ones are usually good quality but are expensive. Whats wrong with the EPR one or not to your style?

I would prefer CF tbh.

The only problem with CF is if it doesn't fit you can't just being it in place/chop it etc, so it must be perfect!

I might go with an EPR one when they come in stock and then get it wrapped in CF vinyl

I was gonna say just wrap it with vinyl but Im thinking would it not look really tatty if scrathed? Also it wont have that shiny sort of look more of a matt one. Pics would be good as I was thinking about something like this :thumbs: