Reversing camera fitted

BulletMagnet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can a reverse camera be fitted to the jap sat nav screen? The jap screen NTSC I believe and can it rum dually with the sat nav itself?

I know that the jap sat nav can take a reversing cam, cis I saw one in action last night.

As to how it is wired up, I have no clue, but I am sure someone on here will know.

Also on flea bay it says hook the camera to the stop light for power?? Surely that should be reverse light for power and then run another cable from reverse light to reverse cam wire on HU for auto switching? Is that correct, feel like I'm confusing myself??! :blush::lol:

Yes, in essence you can take two powertaps from the reverse light, one to power the cam and one as a signal to tell the screen/HU that reverse is selected and thus auto switching to rear cam view.

However I do not know the pin layout for the nissan sat nav screen to know which wire is the signal wire or the connection for the video feed (could be a simple as a plug for vid feed, but not had one out to look at myself)

Right I am contemplating fitting mine tomorrow if the weather is good and I am feeling better....

Sounds simple enough and I am well versed in removing all the necessary trim...

So am I right in saying the following -

My camera has a small red and a small black wire, the black one is the earth and connect to a bolt as in the pics on the first page. The red is sliced to the solid green wire from the reverse light and also I need to run a wire all the way from the HU )purple connection on the Pioneer) to the same connection of the green wire.

Then connect up the video input, make sure it is turned on in the HU and hey presto....

Have I missed anything?

What sort of wire do I need to run from the HU to the wire at the reverse light?

Right I am contemplating fitting mine tomorrow if the weather is good and I am feeling better....

Sounds simple enough and I am well versed in removing all the necessary trim...

So am I right in saying the following -

My camera has a small red and a small black wire, the black one is the earth and connect to a bolt as in the pics on the first page. The red is sliced to the solid green wire from the reverse light and also I need to run a wire all the way from the HU )purple connection on the Pioneer) to the same connection of the green wire.

Then connect up the video input, make sure it is turned on in the HU and hey presto....

Have I missed anything?

What sort of wire do I need to run from the HU to the wire at the reverse light?

yup. that;s basically it, I used some generic 1.5mm wire to the HU signal and added a female bullet connector to the end

(HU side is male of course)

Well I stripped out the boot ok, fitted the camera, ran the cables through the grommet, connected the red wire to the green wire on the passenger side cluster, the black wire to the bolt on the rear (as per slimjims pics) connected the video cable to the back of the pioneer, enabled rear view and nothing.... i get the screen with the warning at the top and a blank screen :rant:

can't see what I could have wired up wrong, nothing much to mess up is there?

Live to the green wire and negative earthed to the bolt, simple or so I though.

On the pioneer there are only a couple of options, rear camera enabled yes/no and power earth/battery had it on yes & earth, but tried yes and battery too. Seemed like the camera came on even when I wasn't in reverse :wacko:

Be careful, i had an incedent where i hooked it all up, checked it was working before putting it all bacl, sure enough it did, put everything back and then it didn't work.

took everything out the boot again an noticed i had pulled the power off the scotchtap while putting the styrofoam back in.

re-done it and all was well.

Did you use the green or the pale green wire? it should be the pale green

Be careful, i had an incedent where i hooked it all up, checked it was working before putting it all bacl, sure enough it did, put everything back and then it didn't work.

took everything out the boot again an noticed i had pulled the power off the scotchtap while putting the styrofoam back in.

re-done it and all was well.

Did you use the green or the pale green wire? it should be the pale green

Yeah used the pale green wire.

Just got a 12v battery from shop round the corner and the camera works fine on my tv, take it down to the car and it doesnt work on the f900bt ?

I go into settings and switch reverse camera on and doesnt matter if i select battery or earth i get no picture :shrug:

Just checked the box and it says PAL, maybe i got a wrongly boxed one?

I noticed yours had 2 quite thick black wires mine had a thin red & thin black one ?

You might have got a NTSC as on ebay you have to state if you need PAL or NTSC.

As i said just above, i did and the box says PAL

Oops Sorry dude, you had any joy since? I was gonna get one ordered this weekend too, although could always be a dud one, If no joy I'd email the seller, usually eBay Chinese sellers send a replacement out straight away with my expierence of LED lights and HID sets etc :thumbs: