Reversing camera fitted

BulletMagnet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it works fine on the tv, then it's probably the right one.

Dave, did you lay a wire to give signal to HU?

I did originally but when i got nothing i took it all upstairs got a battery and tried it on the telly. Then when it worked sat in drivers seat with all the wiring and battery and got no input... What setting have you got yours set on, battery? Real pain car is in bits and im working tonight!

The wires on mine are thick cos those are the extention wires I added so I could reach the main grounding point.

You could try the cam in the car off that 12v battery and see if it works?

Thats exactly what I did, ran the camera off 12v to my telly, works fine, try it in the car and nothing :thumbdown:

Im gonna try a portable DVD player I have in the car tomorrow see if it is the RCA input playing up, if it is I guess im knackered :blackeye:

Would this work on the Nissan Connect head unit too?

Sorry i dont fully understand how the wires go in to the head unit and mate up. sorry bit of a spaz with wiring :headhurt:

Chris`I has installed one ;)

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=43182&hilit=camera

No where near plug and play unless you get Brian's wiring either ;) I would recommend for a 370z that you get the recommeneded camera so you know it works. Sorry OT I know :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok seems i am having the same problem as SpursmadDave!

Ran 2 wires through the car (video and purple reverse signal) into the head unit, and connecting the reverse signal to the pale green and silver reverse lamp.

I connected the cam up fine, ran the leads into the car, and connected the video. And then connected the positive to the pale green and silver, and the negative to the main ground point as illustrated.

Turned car on, and selected reverse, and bam, nothing! Doh, so now im at a loss what to do.......

Cheers Mark,

Yeah I may have to pull it out to double check, but basically i went into settings, rear cam was on

and it said something like positive/ground, i done both, still no result, and there is 2 yellows, one for cam in, and one for video in.... I connected to cam in, but can try the video in too....

All sorted

In the end i had tapped onto the wrong wire at the back.....

I tapped into the pale green one in the centre of the car, rather than locating the pale green one, that comes out of the reverse light wiring loom on the passenger side... exactly the same colour wire, just about a foot apart. then my screen was makking funny colours, so changeed the connection from ground to positive in the head unit settings, and bam, it worked!

So please note, these things when fitting..... other than that, its a piece of p**s!!!

And I have a JVC kh-70000 double din unit.