How To Torture a Panda

captain

Changing tyres again in this heat? How many did you go through?! My missus would be so unimpressed if I drove like this, although I've got a similar video thrashing a focus saloon in Cyprus with my brother - no women present.

A few years ago we drove across the top of a dam in Sardinia (even though the access road said "no entry") Quite scary as it obviously wasn't a "road" and probably for dam workers only. Blasted across the top and then found the access road was very steep on the other side and pitted with boulders. Took it as fast as I could but blew up a tyre so we were stranded in the middle of nowhere and had to change the tyre in 100 degree heat. Not fun - faces like :angry: by the time we finished....

as the old proverb says - never buy a used hire car !!!

or something like that anyway - maybe I just made it up ? :wacko:

Isn't the saying "What's the fastest car in the world?........ A hire car"

Especially if it goes over a cliff :lol:

Quality - I bet that was fun.

I think that is something we have lost in getting higher powered cars these days - you miss the thrill of extracting every bit of performance from lower powered cars and hustling them down the road.

Renaultsport Clio 200 may be a future cheaper option for me....(although it will probably start to fall apart after a couple of years :lol: )

as the old proverb says - never buy a used hire car !!!

or something like that anyway - maybe I just made it up ? :wacko:

Isn't the saying "What's the fastest car in the world?........ A hire car"

So true. Just got back from a fantastic meal overlooking Praiano where I met a guy who has a 911, Ferrari Mondial and a Corvette Z06. Said he was too frightened to dirve the Amalfi coast 'cos of the other nutters in hire cars........... :blush::blush:

Mine will soon be dead............

_DSC8279.JPG

I killed one's brakes travelling from rimini across the mountains to Florence got to the bottom of a 4 mile or so downward set of twisties and my foot was to the floor on the brake and nothing.......except a metallic burning smell had to use the gears for the last few hundred yards. Bit scary really, GF of the time didnt have a clue :lol:

looks like the road between sorrento and positano B)

Nope. That Amalfitano road is impossible to drive at more than 5 mph. The only way to get around is bus or scooter. I left the car in the hotel car park for 5 days when we stayed in Praiano (near Amalfi) as it wasn't fun at all. Especially when you destroyed the brakes a few days earlier............ :blush:

The vid above is the SS182 from Vibo Valentia to Serra San Bruno, about 5 hours South of where you are thinking. That was fun. :thumbs:

Nope. That Amalfitano road is impossible to drive at more than 5 mph. The only way to get around is bus or scooter. I left the car in the hotel car park for 5 days when we stayed in Praiano (near Amalfi) as it wasn't fun at all. Especially when you destroyed the brakes a few days earlier............ :blush:

The vid above is the SS182 from Vibo Valentia to Serra San Bruno, about 5 hours South of where you are thinking. That was fun. :thumbs:

we stayed in praino for our honeymoon. we stayed at the case angelina http://www.italytraveller.com/en/z/casa-angelina. We got the driver to pick us up after dropping the hire car off at naples. Had done enough driving so time to relax and what a wonderful place to do it.

great little wine bar just behind the hotel on the main road. As long as you bought a glass of wine he'd feed you for free.

I killed one's brakes travelling from rimini across the mountains to Florence got to the bottom of a 4 mile or so downward set of twisties and my foot was to the floor on the brake and nothing.......except a metallic burning smell had to use the gears for the last few hundred yards. Bit scary really, GF of the time didnt have a clue :lol:

Happened to me a few weeks back on my European road trip in my Landcruiser going down the swiss alps! I believe it was a 12% decline for about 3 miles, I knew the brakes wernt going to survive so lowered the gears (automatic), and nothing happend due to going to fast so had to sling it round the corner instead. By time I got to the bottom my breaks were on fire, smoke from all corners. :lol:

we stayed in praino for our honeymoon. we stayed at the case angelina http://www.italytraveller.com/en/z/casa-angelina. We got the driver to pick us up after dropping the hire car off at naples. Had done enough driving so time to relax and what a wonderful place to do it.

great little wine bar just behind the hotel on the main road. As long as you bought a glass of wine he'd feed you for free.

Nice hotel.

Bit more expensive then La Perla where we stayed, but the view at breakfast was ok.................. :thumbs:

_DSC8455.JPG