Hello! Looking for a 370z

:welcome:

Well worth stretching your budget if you can, better to have the car now and enjoy it than wait for them to get ever cheaper and have time without it. I got my 370z spanking new and so happy that I did than wait the 18-24 months its taken them to drop to a price where I would justify one second hand.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I definitely do need some help, there's just nothing around at the moment..

I have a budget I want to stick to, I don't want to stretch myself too much for a car - especially as it won't be cheap to run! Annoyingly there've been a few second-hand white ones for sale, but they were sold before I was in a position to be able to get one. Now I am - there are none!

A new one would be awesome but 30k+ is way out of my league I'm afraid...

I have a budget I want to stick to, I don't want to stretch myself too much for a car - especially as it won't be cheap to run! Annoyingly there've been a few second-hand white ones for sale, but they were sold before I was in a position to be able to get one. Now I am - there are none!

A new one would be awesome but 30k+ is way out of my league I'm afraid...

Wasnt trying to suggest stretching yourself to get a new one, just we see a few members be unrealistic with how quickly the prices will drop. Seems you have a sensible head and know what you want and have seen cars before in the same price range, so one will turn up eventually :thumbs:

You're right, the lower-priced white ones are being snapped up.

However, I'm now in a position to do the snapping so I hope one turns up soon. I sold my Megane R26 and I'm cycling everywhere at the moment!

I will be having a nosy round the forum to see some of the cars here, I love them.

I may have found what I'm looking for!

What do you think to this?

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3114505.htm

I notice it has the black nose, which I'm not keen on, but it looks like a wrap to me which could hopefully be removed.

Anyone know this car?

My only concern is that it's been for sale on PH before (I know because I've been looking every day for a long time!), and it was removed, so I wonder why it's back.

^ thank you!

Prefer it with the black front. 09 plate won't have the Premium Connect satnav etc.

Oh, what's that?

It's a 59 plate, and according to the ad it does have Sat Nav and bluetooth...

EDIT: Oh, OK, just had a Google and found out it's better satnav with a touchscreen which does more bits. Ah well, the cars with that in are a big jump in price.

So you like the "fangs"? :lol:

I didn't when the 370 was first released and although on the darker colours they are less prominent they weren't for me on my chosen colour. I also decided to 'match' the wrapping at the rear - having seen a few painted examples on the US 370 forums helped convince me.

Beauty of the wrap is that with the aid of some hot air you can remove it. But after 18 months I certainly have no plans to do that and it is as good as the day it was done - well done the guys at rgva (Trader on here).

Not sure if you have seen my thread after I had it and the exhaust done (an essential 370 upgrade), but here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=31681&hilit=wrapping

On the face of it the car you have spotted looks fine and with low mileage - obviously subject to the usual checks.

Likely that the tyres will need replacing soon - check the tread and for a decent set of tyres you need to budget C£1k although a set of Falkens 452's might save you £400, but the sidewalls are really too soft, unless you are soft with your right foot ;)

Thanks Ebized. Yes I like the 'fangs'! :D

Well, I've spoken to the guy and had a really good chat, he seemed really genuine and answered all my questions. It sounds perfect. The black bit is indeed a wrap which can come off, so that's good.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm going to see it soon, so I hope he doesn't sell it in the meantime! Fingers crossed for me...

I bought it!! :yahoo:

Pick it up next Sat. It's absolutely MINT, not a mark on it - and perfect alloys.

Loads of tread on the tyres as well.

The carbon wrap on the fangs isn't very well done though, I can't wait to get that off, do those things come off easily? It also has a protective plastic film over the front bumper to guard against stone chips, but it's coming off round the edges, so that can come off as well.

I'm assuming all I need to do it is a hairdryer?

The next week is really going to drag!