JDM 17" tyre pressures

jim

In my old car I used to play with tyre pressures to make it handle how i wanted. If the pressure is the same on both sides and it's within a few PSI of recomended then I don't see the problem.

MPG is affected though for the cost concious!

Like you, Ming, I was running mine at around 26 - that's what the garage set them at when I got it.

I've had mine close to 35 for the last 2 or 3 days now and I can't help feeling that the car has significantly less grip. That's not good these mornings when the temperature falls below zero. :scare:

Think I will compromise tomorrow and drop them to around 30 and see how that feels.

Like you, Ming, I was running mine at around 26 - that's what the garage set them at when I got it.

I've had mine close to 35 for the last 2 or 3 days now and I can't help feeling that the car has significantly less grip. That's not good these mornings when the temperature falls below zero. :scare:

Think I will compromise tomorrow and drop them to around 30 and see how that feels.

Zero!!! oh yeah Scotland :scare:

Hi Jim

I agree.

I am still on 26 psi and the car feels very sure footed even in the cold icy conditions of late.

I will up to 30 when I next clean her - still every three or four days I might add - and see what difference it makes.

I will then go up a psi or two until I feel it is getting skitty and then come down a couple for the winter.

I will re assess in the summer time though!

Ming the cautious

Had a short run on them today at 30 psi and it felt a bit better. I'll give it a longer run at the weekend and see how it handles at that pressure, but I don't think I will go back up to 35 until the summer, just as you say.