HR and Nitrous

ChrisUUC

Hey dude,

Need some newb answers to Nos.

I'm considering getting a zex 75 shot shipped from the states.

Can you advise what way to kit is installed to give the best results and also make safe?

Nos kill switch I would also want installed ... also only want the nos running when I want it to ... what way does the uprev map tweak work for this? Or would I be better utec?

Bar the nos kit what else would my shopping list need bar the map and fitment?

Also can you guys install, if so how much would labour be and install time?

Thanks a lot mate, Chris

If you checkout my garage you'll see some of the prices for the kit along with the below thread for install from Abbey

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28423&hilit=+Nitrous

To note Uprev copes with the NOS although a standalone ecu is recommended.

Cost of install all depends on how flush you are with the cash. My 2 5lb bottles are in the glove box. I also have an upgraded NOS controller for greater flexibility.

Controlling the NOS is provided by a throttle switch. If over 85% throttle NOS is fired, although set by the controller to initiate at any given rpm value. Mine is set to 3,500 to 7,000

If you have any direct questions fire away.

Can I as why you are having a Zex shipped in? Something you like or have heard about their equipment. The reason I ask is that you can get NOS'ed up in the UK.

+1 and the controls are much more advanced than the U.S stuff.

I never realised that the nos was gonna be so expensive and frustrating to get running correctly.

Remember the hr has 2 intakes aswell which may affect installation.

Hmmm that'll bump the price a bit - well spotted Neil. You'd need 4 pulsoids for a start, additional splitter blocks. If that was me I'd skip the Wet system and go for direct port. Which is a bit more expensive but gives a better hit.

Chris,

you could use Wizard of Nos stuff but I have a look at the system you have asked about and let you know what the best way is to go.

But your only need 1 NOS soleniod and 1 Fuel soleniod just split the feeds to either intake after the soleniods. No need for 2 NOS and 2 Fuel soleniods. Even direct system only run 1 soleniod and split the nos and fuel the require amoun's via a manifold.

No need for another ECU your car will be perfectly safe running this amount of NOS , Cant remember if you have cruise control if you have we can run a map especially for the NOS to reduce the timing a few degree but to be honest 75 BHP of gas running a little rich will run fine and safely.

Install is the expensive bit esecially if you have it stealth like Wasso fitment. That is a awesome fitment.

Give me a mail on mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk and I will work a price out for you to you idea's.

Mark

Retarding the timing is the key element. Not that my timing is retarded :snack:

Also running two pulsoids for both throttle bodies will give you more direct and precise hit. Splitting the juice is just cost saving.

Running around 75/100bhp retard isnt needed as the Nitrous pressure drops off towards higher rpm so therefore it isnt as agressive at high rpm and the fuelling will get richer also as the nitrous pressure drops off.

Even Wizard of Nos list this for V engines;

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/car- ... odies.html

It only losts 1 pair of Soleniods.

Being a HR motor with stronder rods/pistons we can hit the car a little harder with the nos without the fear of hurting the motor.

Mark

Funny what you get told by a sales clerk these days. I was told you need pulsoids for both throttle bodies and I'm sure a technician at Won confirmed this. Unless with the new pulsoids there's no longer a requirement for 2 sets.

Can I ask though, why you suggested retarding the timing for the HR if running 75 shot, yet not for my DE.

Lastly how is it possible for nitrous pressure to reduce if it's a continous 920psi (for instance) out the bottle?

Can I ask though, why you suggested retarding the timing for the HR if running 75 shot, yet not for my DE.

I retarded the whole map on your car where you was running gas or not and to be honest after thinking that how I would do every car I wouldn't want a customer running a car on the wrong map and possibly causing engine damage. Running the car 2 degree retarded will only lose 2/3 bhp when running with out NOS.

Lastly how is it possible for nitrous pressure to reduce if it's a continous 920psi (for instance) out the bottle?

When you use the NOS , you are using a volume of gas from the bottle as the volume drops with the NOS bottle so the pressure will drop. The Bottle heater will help this but it cant hea the bottle quick enough to keep the pressure up in the bottle during a run with the Nitrous turned on. The bigger the bottle the less the pressure will drop off thou. So a 5lb bottle will lose more pressure than running a 15lb bottle.

Chris , the Zex system looks pretty good , I like the idea that the system adjust's the fuelling for bottle pressure.

So my timing is retarded, right ok cool :thumbs:

You wouldn't lose that much pressure from the bottle from doing just a few runs. I used a full 5lb bottle in Wales and only like you say when it got low in volume did I lose pressure. You can hit 4 5th's of the bottle over 850 psi and that was without a bottle warmer. Ok so outside temps were warm which I rely on, but still managed great hits throughout the day.

Apparently the reason I melted a plug was because I did two runs from 2nd gear all the way to fifth which generated far too much heat. I'm thinking water meth might help solve that problem in the future.

Apparently the reason I melted a plug was because I did two runs from 2nd gear all the way to fifth which generated far too much heat. I'm thinking water meth might help solve that problem in the future

No this isnt right , so you cant use the GAS like it is set up for. Just run the car a little richer on the Gas will do the same thing as Meth Injection. Fuel wont run out like the Meth Injection bootle will.

Mark

Apparently the reason I melted a plug was because I did two runs from 2nd gear all the way to fifth which generated far too much heat. I'm thinking water meth might help solve that problem in the future

No this isnt right , so you cant use the GAS like it is set up for. Just run the car a little richer on the Gas will do the same thing as Meth Injection. Fuel wont run out like the Meth Injection bootle will.

Mark

Is water meth not still a pretty good idea though? I'm considering this option hen fitting my nitrous system to be honest. Especially after hearing that Ian damaged a plug because of heat. Starting to @*!# myself about runnin the nos so would rather have a something which will help it run safer.

• 3 weeks later...