HR and Nitrous

ChrisUUC

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting read. i have been watching a few used WON kits on ebay recently. from what WON say i didnt think a remap was needed, however you lot are saying you need a different map each time you change the jets. i thought about nitrous instead of a BT on my old car but bought the Z aswell. i can't really afford to charge my car so i was thinking of getting nitrous for the odd blast with a bit of novelty.and i thought it could be removed without too much trouble (apposed to a remap)

what im trying to say is, is it safe to run a 25 or 50 wet shot on with a standard map?

:scare: no map = problems.

NOS and Fuel in addition to a normal map you just won't get the right performance and potentially put a damage the engine. If you value your Zed a map is imperative. As mark has mentioned you can have 2 maps one for normal and one for NOS.

Each jet increase will need a map every time. But when you look at the cost to go from 25 to 75 shot it's very cheap :thumbs:

That same thought came across my mind after the install. On a budget you could achieve a 75 shot for no more than £1,200

Say you spend £800 with wizards which covers the basics, system, bottle, controller. This gives you £400 for tuning.

The problem I had which threw my budget well out the water is the way I have my system installed (super stealth) and the fact I have 2 bottles and run the Max Extreme Controller which alone is knocking on £500. So in all fairness you'd never achieve the same horsepower for the same cash with NA mods.

Don't forget you can upgrade parts or add to the system later on which you can't really do with SC or Turbo.

Seriously think about it.

• 2 months later...
That same thought came across my mind after the install. On a budget you could achieve a 75 shot for no more than £1,200

Say you spend £800 with wizards which covers the basics, system, bottle, controller. This gives you £400 for tuning.

The problem I had which threw my budget well out the water is the way I have my system installed (super stealth) and the fact I have 2 bottles and run the Max Extreme Controller which alone is knocking on £500. So in all fairness you'd never achieve the same horsepower for the same cash with NA mods.

Don't forget you can upgrade parts or add to the system later on which you can't really do with SC or Turbo.

Seriously think about it.

And i'm back on this thread again. Thought i had talked myself out of nitrous but oh-no. now i have a full exhaust system i feel to get my monies worth out of it i need re-map from RS in the spring along with some DE-cats or HFCs. :doh: which lead me back to this thread and thinking of getting nitrus at the same time so i don't have to take it for tuning twice. and now have spent most of my saturday evening looking at various available kits again =/. hmm maybe i should just get the cats and map first then the maybe nitrous. that way i can enjoy each stage in upgrading

Damn why does my mind allways go this way when it comes to tuning cars? :blush: allways with the, "well while i'm at it i may aswell." lol :surrender:

You will need a re-tune each time you change jets with the NOS. it's highly advisable to start low to make sure a 25 shot is tuned well and there are no issues. When you go to 50/75 or even 100 you'll need a tune. Although these re-tunes shouldn't cost the earth as you'll already paid the bulk when getting the uprev.

You will need a re-tune each time you change jets with the NOS. it's highly advisable to start low to make sure a 25 shot is tuned well and there are no issues. When you go to 50/75 or even 100 you'll need a tune. Although these re-tunes shouldn't cost the earth as you'll already paid the bulk when getting the uprev.

Advised not to run 100 on standard ecu due to timing issues. I'll let you know the final bill when i get mines back for the 100 shot installation. The ecu costs quite a bit :scare: depends which one you go for though.

Did you go Platinum Neil? They sell at reasonable prices in America. Agreed though, uprev isn't the best solution for 100+!

Nah mate I went for aem mate, ame offered at a good price and its running all my heaters etc, all my gauges link to it also,

something like this http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-systems-9/series-2-plug-play-engine-management-system-30/?osCsid=ktcif4qkcv93365m9upe0fjrt0 Requires a bit of alteration to work on the zed though.

Didnt want to go overly crazy with the spending and this will do the job just fine just now :lol:

thanks guys. the aim would eventually be for a 75 shot. if the majority of the tuning cost is the uprev liscence then i might just get that done first as i was definately going to get that done anyway. at least then i can enjoy that for a while then decide exactly what i want from the nitrous.

Wasso did you ever find something to go in place of the satnav screen?

thanks guys. the aim would eventually be for a 75 shot. if the majority of the tuning cost is the uprev liscence then i might just get that done first as i was definately going to get that done anyway. at least then i can enjoy that for a while then decide exactly what i want from the nitrous.

I have a carbon panel where the satnav goes which houses all my gauges, 2 x afr gauges, oil temp and nitrous pressure :thumbs:

The kit is expensive if you want an all singing all dancing. I bought pault's old kit with heaters and remote bottle openers etc Buying it all new equates to nearly 2k by the time it gets into the country :scare:

Ians' kit looks awesome and stealthy, (costs more to install that way) mines is on show and not hidden away.

I have a carbon panel where the satnav goes which houses all my gauges, 2 x afr gauges, oil temp and nitrous pressure :thumbs:

The kit is expensive if you want an all singing all dancing. I bought pault's old kit with heaters and remote bottle openers etc Buying it all new equates to nearly 2k by the time it gets into the country :scare:

Ians' kit looks awesome and stealthy, (costs more to install that way) mines is on show and not hidden away.

Cool. got any pics?

Cool. got any pics?

Not yet mate, I have a build thread but its only got some stuff on it. The cars been away since end of august getting done. Going to see just before crimbo to see how she's looking

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=55844&hilit=Neilp+build This is my build thread :thumbs:

Crumb, my satnav has always been in place, kinda need it really. :lol:

My gauges will be heading onto the a-pillar and will house Oild temp, Wideband AFR and (would have been NOS pressure) but will swap that out to something else once the NOS replacement has been found. (keyser has bought my NOS).

If I was you, as you said, get your simple mods, map and uprev, which will give you time to save for the NOS and of course your planning.

Neil, looks good mate, your car will look mental when finished :thumbs:

Crumb, my satnav has always been in place, kinda need it really. :lol:

My gauges will be heading onto the a-pillar and will house Oild temp, Wideband AFR and (would have been NOS pressure) but will swap that out to something else once the NOS replacement has been found. (keyser has bought my NOS).

If I was you, as you said, get your simple mods, map and uprev, which will give you time to save for the NOS and of course your planning.

Neil, looks good mate, your car will look mental when finished :thumbs:

cheers mate, its a working process, will look mental with the wing etc, need to get the rear cage sorted next :lol: