Just declared my Miltek.....

alfawookie

Speak with Sky or flux and you'll get a better quote.

Flux cant better it :bang:

what age are you ? have you checked with admiral and elephant? Put in a quote first without it and then give them a call and ask how much it would be onto this price if you added a replacement stainless steel exhaust system cat back

Speak with Sky or flux and you'll get a better quote.

Flux cant better it :bang:

what age are you ? have you checked with admiral and elephant? Put in a quote first without it and then give them a call and ask how much it would be onto this price if you added a replacement stainless steel exhaust system cat back

Im 40, 8yrs NC, 20,000 miles buisness use, 10,000 personal use.

That explains why most companies aren't interested and Privilege were, that's a fair amount of use especially for business. Class 1?

thats 6 times my annual mileage in mines lol, i was wondering why it was so expensive. I thought he was about 17 years old lol

That explains why most companies aren't interested and Privilege were, that's a fair amount of use especially for business. Class 1?

Yeah will try a couple more Monday,but im not hopefull for a cheaper quote tbh, oh well! Will consider plan 2 now,get rid of Miltek & buy a standard Nissan Cat back & possibly make some extra money out of it! Silver lining & all that,not to fussed about keeping it on & from what i have read the stock exhaust is a good one anyway :)

I can't believe you'd want to use the Zed for business miles. 3 years and 90k miles including personal. That's going to seriously depreciate the Zed. Maybe thought of having a cheaper business car?

I can't believe you'd want to use the Zed for business miles. 3 years and 90k miles including personal. That's going to seriously depreciate the Zed. Maybe thought of having a cheaper business car?

:D Yes its a few extra miles above average ;) & if i was worried about Depreciation I definitely wouldnt of bought this car. Im very happy with it & enjoy my job more knowing im driving it & spending upto 3 hrs a day in it :) Im the envy of all my care worker colleagues & everyone else who sees it on the road,specially my Audi TT acquaintance :D

:D Yes its a few extra miles above average ;) & if i was worried about Depreciation I definitely wouldnt of bought this car. Im very happy with it & enjoy my job more knowing im driving it & spending upto 3 hrs a day in it :) Im the envy of all my care worker colleagues & everyone else who sees it on the road,specially my Audi TT acquaintance :D

Fair point, I use mine daily for work, but no business miles shall we say. I do enough miles getting to meets and shows - and that does my head in as the service is due every 9k miles. So if you're doing 30k a year, that's 3 services a year!! I know what you mean though about driving the Zed.... Why purchase a car just for weekends, especially something that sounds and looks amazing!

Good on you fella :thumbs:

+1 if you can afford to do it then you might as well enjoy it!

yep but at 200-250miles a tank of v-power those bills are gonna be big lol. It would cost me 120 tanks of fuel a year to do that mileage lol with a tank costing around 100quid mark now... thats a sh!t load of v-power

Good on you fella :thumbs:

+1 if you can afford to do it then you might as well enjoy it!

yep but at 200-250miles a tank of v-power those bills are gonna be big lol. It would cost me 120 tanks of fuel a year to do that mileage lol with a tank costing around 100quid mark now... thats a sh!t load of v-power

Well work pay me 33p a mile so that goes some way towards the cost,obviously not wear n tear though.

Ouch, that's an expensive jump in costs for the miltek. When I looked at upgrading my stock exhaust to a miltek and was going to go for an uprev I told direct line and they said they couldn't support the modification.

Turned into a big positive though, since they said it would be them cancelling not me there would be no cancellation fee. Moved to sky insurance and the premium fell by about £80. Since then I've added and declared numerous other mods and the premium has not budged.

Ouch, that's an expensive jump in costs for the miltek. When I looked at upgrading my stock exhaust to a miltek and was going to go for an uprev I told direct line and they said they couldn't support the modification.

Turned into a big positive though, since they said it would be them cancelling not me there would be no cancellation fee. Moved to sky insurance and the premium fell by about £80. Since then I've added and declared numerous other mods and the premium has not budged.

That's not a good thing: You do realise that you have to declare that you've had insurance cancelled now when asked by other insurers, which usually ends up in either a 50% price hike or declining to quote altogether?

There's a difference between having insurance cancelled because you outright lied or tried something dodgy and having it cancelled because you want to do something to the car that they won't cover you for, I agree, but it's still cancellation of insurance and is frowned upon very badly by insurers indeed! That said, I'm assuming you told Sky that you've had insurance cancelled and the reasons for that and they were fine, so as long as you stay with the smaller companies you can get round it. Not something I'd ever like to try, though.

Everything was all fine and amicable between all three insurance companies. sky have been great, I was happy with direct line but they couldn't support the exhaust, which needed to be done as the last one feel to pieces after an activity day at northweild airfield.