Hot Cabin

alfawookie

I have noticed the cabin gets very hot, the temperature only goes down to 18 degrees unless you put the air con on to get it colder & you cant completely turn off the temp gauge! I have seen no posts on this,so no one else having this problem? My Alfa went down as low as 16.5 degrees,if you wanted it any lower you would then turn the air con on, you could also turn the heating/cooling completely off.

I'm fairly new to the Z, but my general knowledge of A/C tells me that unless the A/C is actually on, then the air coming in can only be the temperature of the outside air (or warmer) so it's not surprising that the car is warm without the A/C on at this time of year. with A/C on, if you want it colder than the 18deg the auto mode gives you, whack the temperature right down and the fan right up, it'll refrigerate you. if not, could be time for a re-gas.

DB

If air con is not on all you're bringing in is warm ambient air which has passed through the engine bay.

Even with air con I'd be surprised if the cabin ever got down to 16 degrees. The heat gains through the glass will always warm the cabin. You should keep your air con always anyways. It only cuts on when it needs to.

I have noticed the cabin gets very hot, the temperature only goes down to 18 degrees unless you put the air con on to get it colder & you cant completely turn off the temp gauge! I have seen no posts on this,so no one else having this problem? My Alfa went down as low as 16.5 degrees,if you wanted it any lower you would then turn the air con on, you could also turn the heating/cooling completely off.

You can turn it off, just set the fan to off :lol:

I have noticed that you get a lot of heat from the left side of your foot next to the gearbox. Especially on long journeys you can feel the heat coming from it. Could this be a issue.

It does get extremely hot - I did 8 hrs the other day and my leg and foot were actually red! :lol:

But I doubt it has much impact on cabin temp - just leave your A/C on at around 21 and you'll find the cabin perfect - as Neil said it'll only come on when needed and havng it down at 16 will just mean it'll be working permanently

I have noticed that you get a lot of heat from the left side of your foot next to the gearbox. Especially on long journeys you can feel the heat coming from it. Could this be a issue.

It does get extremely hot - I did 8 hrs the other day and my leg and foot were actually red! :lol:

After the Hoon a few years back I was tempted to get the car up on a lift and stick some SecondSkin Firewall under there! It gets seriously hot, not sure how much heatproofing they have down there, but it could do with a bit more :lol:

Agree with what has been said the above - normal, and the same in all 3 ZEDs I have had and bear in mind you have posted on one of the warmest/humid days of the year so far ;)

And the best advice about the A/C (like most cars with it), is to use it regularly throughout the year to keep it in good working order aside from the fact you invariably need it when it rains to stop misting as with windows down you get a soaking without roof gutters - although the 370 roof design is a little better in that regard.

Thats what you get when an exhaust running at high temps passes straight under your legs/ass!

A/C on 21 is about right as even on a day like this i can only take about 15 mins on full-cold before im freezing bloody cold!!

Good a/c in the Zed though. The wifes 307 a/c is like a cold cough in the face!