ECU Datascan Colour Touch Screen OBD Interface.

Tricky-Ricky

OK i have the opportunity to buy a very limited quantity of these very clever units,

so i am gauging overall interest, with the possibility of being able to supply these on

a larger quantity basis.

They are a colour touch screen ECU monitor and much more! size is 124x86x20mm

and they will connect and be powered by the Nissan consult port, and OBD1 and 2, and also support CAN,

they will connect with pretty much all Nissans from 92 on, and when i receive more info,

and more makes supported to come.

(UPDATE!)

The cable does virtually anything that is OBDII. It has been tested on BMWs, Mazdas, Mitsis, Nissan, Subarus, and a whole heap more.

Plus this unit will also interface with a limited amount of aftermarket stand alone ECUs

(list to follow) ..... Adaptronic, Autronic, Link, EMS and ViPec ECUs

They will display all available engine parameter's (dependent on interface)

on a variety of selectable screen configurations, they can also display and delete

ECU error codes, If anyone is familiar with Nissan Data Scan they pretty much do

all that it can do without a laptop in the car, and this includes data logging to an SD card.

The screen configuration is completely customisable, and has a selection of different screen/display

modes, and from what i remember up to nine gauges at once, there is also the ability to configure

your own warning setting for each gauge, so as i see it, this can pretty much eliminate all the other gauges

that are cluttering up your cabin.

But wait there is more, these units can also support GPS software,IGo (not included) but you can add your own,

it can also run overlays of, and GPS of track position with various track maps via Google earth, and record lap times etc., can’t confirm for sure

but i think it has its own dyno/0-60 function.

Yet more still, it can also play MP3 and MP4 video, and has an stereo jack output that you can run to your head unit too.

You have to agree that there is very little that these units wont do, now i am still in the process of trying to finalise

details and pricing, obviously it all depends on lots of factors like shipping, duty etc. etc., but i am hoping

to get them priced at around £340 and possibly less, but as i said there are still a lot of variables involved,

if i can get the interest/initial sales i can work on pricing, however IMO this is the perfect multi gauge with bonuses!

Think how much you pay for say a Defi set up or Greddy Infomeater and similar, but this does' so much more!

More info to follow.

Please state if you are genuinly interested in this, and what model its for.

Capture0090.png

th_UseofECUdatascanunitwithAdaptronicECU.jpg

Video of use with Link ECU.

th_ECUDatascanandLinkPlusG3.jpg

Would it fit in the cubby hole ?

The size is 124x86x20mm

So i would have thought so, but as i have a 350GT unfortunately i can't check.

Surprised there is not more interest, i have seen countless posts asking about code readers and displays,

and this covers all the bases and more, single gauge for everything, with warnings, it easily out guns things like the Greddy info meter, and blows the scan gauge into the weeds. :)

Would it fit in the cubby hole ?

The size is 124x86x20mm

So i would have thought so, but as i have a 350GT unfortunately i can't check.

Surprised there is not more interest, i have seen countless posts asking about code readers and displays,

and this covers all the bases and more, single gauge for everything, with warnings, it easily out guns things like the Greddy info meter, and blows the scan gauge into the weeds. :)

Looks great, perfect for the job. If I had the cash to spare I'd be in.

I should probably add, this is not a group buy as such, in that i will be covering the costs with my own money, i am not asking for deposits etc, all i require is enough interest and confirmed orders, so i can order the correct cable for the application.

I am still collecting application info, and will update this thread when i am 100% sure exactly which models are covered, i can say that the 370Z is not yet tested, but expected to work, as does the R35.

I would like OBD 3 compatibility confirmed please before I make a decision.

Sounds like a decent bit of kit, however I guess that the lack of interest is based upon that most peeps just require a code reader at a budget price.

Alex. :)

No probs. I am still all in :)

Mine is the 313

Thats one of the ECUs i am awaiting confirmation of, but i can't see why not.

I would like OBD 3 compatibility confirmed please before I make a decision.

Sounds like a decent bit of kit, however I guess that the lack of interest is based upon that most peeps just require a code reader at a budget price.

Alex. :)

Do you mean Consult 3? then i would have thought so as the R35 uses this, as OBD3 is not actually being used yet, 2012 i think, and by the looks of it reading it will be the least of our worries if the hype is to be believed, i have heard it will be GPS and wireless enabled, so it can inform big brother that your lambda sensor is not working probably, next thing you know i ticket comes through the door :blink: scary stuff!

Hi, when you say CAN compatible would that be VW/Audi etc. I have a Seat and would like a unit i could use for both cars.

Thats another bit of confirmation i am waiting for, i know it does the pre 06 Scoobys, the unit is designed to handle most protocol's as i understand it, its just the ongoing development of the interface cables that has to catch up.

Hi, when you say CAN compatible would that be VW/Audi etc. I have a Seat and would like a unit i could use for both cars.

As i said in the post above its more the cable interface that determines just which ECU it can communicate with, but i will check and keep you all posted. :)

As i said in the post above its more the cable interface that determines just which ECU it can communicate with, but i will check and keep you all posted. :)

Thanks, genuinely interested if you can confirm this :thumbs:

First page now updated with OBD2 support.

And from the info i have now received, it indicates that all OBD2 should be supported, and as it mentions that BMW is supported, the German's favor using the same protocols. :)

First page now updated with OBD2 support.

And from the info i have now received, it indicates that all OBD2 should be supported, and as it mentions that BMW is supported, the German's favor using the same protocols. :)

Cheers, I Emailed them just to see if they know themselves... I also found a link to online Manual :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Now the first batch are with there respective owners, and everyone is happy, i will see just how much interest there is and look into importing another batch, the last lot took a while to arrive, due to the way they where sent, now the bugs are ironed out so to speak, things should be quicker :)

Anyone genuinely interested in purchasing one please post here, i cannot grantee that the price will be exactly the same as the last lot due to fluctuating exchange rates etc, and it also depends on numbers, but i will try and keep it similar.

• 2 weeks later...