ECU Datascan Colour Touch Screen OBD Interface.

Tricky-Ricky

I had expected more interest in these, if i don't get enough interest, i wont bother with importing more,

however if you want to see one in action, i will be at Japbash this Sunday :)

Probably because they are pretty expensive for what you get. £340 for that? Most people will only want to use it as a code reader so are better off with a £30 code reader off ebay :shrug:

I would be very interested in one of these IF it could act as a boost gauge for an FI setup which it doesn't look like it can if it just plugs into the ECU, but correct me if i'm wrong. Boost and AFR are the only additional displays I would have thought most people would want, other than that I can't really see a massive advantage of these over a code reader.

DB

Sounds like you guys haven't read much, its basically a compact version of Nissan Data Scan software, without having to have the laptop in the car, it will display any of the engine parameters you select as a gauge with warning's and data log etc, so its every gauge you ever wanted, it can also read and reset error codes, play music and video, along with sat nav, so i wouldn't exactly call it not doing much.

But it is not a boost gauge or wide-band lambda, I'm afraid, i actually bought an LM-2 because it was supposed to be able to display fault codes etc but it doesn't, generally speaking you can buy a dedicated gauge that may, or may not perform another function, some well, most not, but i must admit that the ECU Datascan manages most things pretty well.

I guess it what your prepared to pay for your car toys, previously i have paid £450 for a Blitz boost controller that can also manage to run a couple of temp sensors, and £250 for a four thermocouple EGT sensor/gauge with logging, so i don't see it as being expensive for what it does, but i guess you cant please all of the people all of the time ;)

• 2 months later...

Well due to them recently dropping the price of these units by $100, coupled with the lack of overall interest, i really can't see me going to the trouble of re negotiating a sensible discount for these, so i won't be bothering with getting any more, sorry!

This thread can be closed if needed mods.