RAF Valley charity track weekend 3rd-4th Sep 2011

dino1now

Hi all,

I've just popped over from the RX8 Owners club to invite you all to a track weekend at RAF Valley, Anglesey, North Wales.

Some of your members came along to the last one we held and helped make it a great success. We would like to extend a warm welcome to you again and hopefully make some more money for charity.

The weekend is split into two days. Saturday 3rd September is a bike day and the 4th is a car day. The track is on the airfield and is surfaced with high quality tarmac. The circuit this time is 2.5 miles long with a good variety of long straights, sweeping bends and tight corners. An open pit lane system will be operated over two 3 hour sessions with a break for lunch in between.

Toilets and food will be available throughout the day.

The cost is £60 per driver per day, but £50 per driver if they share one car, passengers are £10 per day and spectators are free, though it would be nice if they made a small donation to charity.

More information and a booking form can be obtained by emailing valleytrackweekend@yahoo.co.uk

I hope to see some of you there and if there are any questions, drop me a line.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark! Sorry I won't be able to make this as I'm on holiday. Was looking forward to a catch up with you and missus.(and looking forward to smoking jan and his White chav mobile :lol: ) Hope all is well!

This was a cracking amount of fun and wish I could make it.

This is a cracking track folks, very, very safe, well marshalled and can be very fast if you want. The last one Mark organised was superb and I'm sure he'll not mind me saying, it was great to "smoke" all the RX8's and Jans RS300 :lol::#1:

There were a few of us at it in April and the facilities are spot on, lots of pax laps to be had in some exotics :thumbs:

If you've never taken your Z or any car on track, this is a great place to do it, there was tuition at the last event, so I'm guessing there'll be some this time B)

It's for a great cause as well, I think the last one raised over £5k for "Help for Heroes" as well as a few other charities, for this alone it's worth a shot :thumbs:

Hope it all goes well Mark :dance:

looks good have done the marham day many times with my old sprint car now in scooby heaven. If/when ive got a replacement ill be giving this a try next year (assuming it keeps happening). If its as good as the marham day any track zed peeps on here should give it a go. :thumbs:

Thanks for the testimonial George :thumbs:

We are hoping to get the same guy to offer tuition this time, but I have yet to confirm that. It is a great place for the first timer, very safe and most of the corners have large run off areas and the straights are 60m wide in places. The track this time is better than the last one, I have driven it in my 8 and hit 120mph on the straight, lots off fast bends and some tight sections too. The focus is on the driver having fun and learning what his car can do without worrying about anything to hit.

We are hoping to get some demonstrators for people to have a pax ride in, in April the Audi R8 proved popular and has been invited back. We may get a Search and Rescue helicopter display again too.

I have also arranged a 20% discount with the Cymyran Hotel located half a mile from the base, details here

• 2 weeks later...

There's a chance i might be up for this...

Do you have any more info other than the email address?

Also - i have a work colleague with an Impreza who may be interested... is this just for RX8's and 350z's, or are other cars welcome too?

Thanks.

There's a chance i might be up for this...

Do you have any more info other than the email address?

Also - i have a work colleague with an Impreza who may be interested... is this just for RX8's and 350z's, or are other cars welcome too?

Thanks.

there was all sorts of cars there. Fantastic day mate and i'm very gutted i'm on holiday this year. Defo going down to the one following.

The guys down there are brilliant also. Fantastic night at a pub in anglesey aswell. I cannot wait for a chance to visit anglesey again :drive1:drunk::band:

• 2 weeks later...