1st Weekend with the Zed - Thoughts and Questions

bodeboo

Well, I picked her up on Friday and very happy with the purchase, coming from a TT 2.0T its not a massive step up in acceleration but the looks, handling and that noise makes it so much more enjoyable. Obviously the weather has been pants this weekend so had to be a bit cautious and it will take a bit of time to get used to the power delivery and cornering potential but its just a nice car to drive full stop. Just spent today taking different members of my family out for a little blast! I am not sure how long I will own her but I know I will enjoy it..!

It's a 56 plate 50k mile GT spec car and so far everything seems to be in order, I have spent any time not in the car reading this forum for hints and tips. I do have a couple of queries, apologies if these are posted elsewhere but its always good to get a specific answer to your own questions...

a) TYRES - I have read the tyres posts and especially the one around not mixing tyres but... all four tyres I have have got a decent amount of life in them however I have found that the two fronts are Toyo Proxes TXR's as is ONE of the rears, the other rear tyre is a Bridgestone RE040. So... whats my options... I dont plan to drive the car to the limit nor do track days (atleast not now!) but should I eb chnaging the tyres and if so how ? can I live with the current set up until new ones are due ? or should i replace the one BStone to give a full set of Toyos ? But then they would all have different life in them ?

B) Any decent place (other than keeping eyes out on ebay) for Silver Door sills and genuine Car mats ?

c) Going to get back in touch with owner but i haven't got a maintenance manual (have the service book but not the one with all the instructions) - where can I get hold of one ?

d) how do I connect my phone, I have tried the standard 'find devices' from my phone but can't seem to get it to work ?

Again, sorry if these are elsewhere...thanks all...

a, change both rear to new proxies, or swap all four to some other make.

b, try some of the traders on here, post it up in wanted section

c, you can download a manual from the web, look here: www.google.ie ;)

d, you got a bluetooth stereo?

Enjoy the Z! And pics? You running a standard exhaust ? Swap it out and get a high flow panel filter and you'll enjoy the sound even more :clap:

a. I would first look to see if you can get a good part worn Toyo. Worth a post on here but also a couple of companies on Ebay that supply part worns.

b. Post in wanted for the sills, here is a link for the car mats: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0230035806

c. seems you have that sorted

d. Check in the centre console that you have the bluetooth adaptor. If not, worth a post on here. You should be able to get one for around £60