New alloy wheels opinions, Help please!

rickya

Well I have spent all bloody week in confusion over a set of 19"s -wheels only, no tyres (decided against 18"s after all that!!) that I was going to get for approx < £500. But I have now decided I dont like them, as they are 10 spoke & I want a five or 6 spoke design. These wheels were very very cheap & they were deep dish & staggered. I was also going to get Nankang rubber for £500. So all in it would have cost me under £1k for a set of 19"s with rubber!

But cheap as they were I might as well wait for something else to come around that I really like even if it costs a little more money. Back to the drawing board eh :yawn:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have spent all bloody week in confusion over a set of 19"s -wheels only, no tyres (decided against 18"s after all that!!) that I was going to get for approx < £500. But I have now decided I dont like them, as they are 10 spoke & I want a five or 6 spoke design. These wheels were very very cheap & they were deep dish & staggered. I was also going to get Nankang rubber for £500. So all in it would have cost me under £1k for a set of 19"s with rubber!

But cheap as they were I might as well wait for something else to come around that I really like even if it costs a little more money. Back to the drawing board eh :yawn:

Well if you are not 100% sure mate, it is best to wait until you find something that suits the car prefectly. Im very bad at that, I will just jump in on the first thing and then decide for something else, hence this time, i will be doing it all properly

Well if you are not 100% sure mate, it is best to wait until you find something that suits the car prefectly. Im very bad at that, I will just jump in on the first thing and then decide for something else, hence this time, i will be doing it all properly

Wait! It's worth waiting. It'll cost you a grand for a cheap set but in 3 months when you decide you don't like them it costs another 2 grand to get the set you really like!

It could be a false economy... B)

Wait! It's worth waiting. It'll cost you a grand for a cheap set but in 3 months when you decide you don't like them it costs another 2 grand to get the set you really like!

It could be a false economy... B)

Exactly. its what i did with the induction kit on my last car, I got a pipercross Viper for £175, then didnt like it so got an ITG Maxogen for £300. that was the nuts of all induction kits!!!

They were these: Ruff Racing 236 19/8.5 front & 19/9.5 rear (20mm offset all round, perfect offset IMO)

What do you reckon??

236.jpg

These TSW Rockets were also availiable for under £500 in 19"s

TSW_Rocket_4.jpg

I really like these, but almost double the price..Ruff racing 279

279hb.jpg[/img]

Check out the last North Wales drive out photos. I think Max has got the wheels you were looking at on his silver Roadster. I'm not really into wheels with that many spoke myself but I though his looked pretty good. :)

These:

NW_2006_008.jpg

Not a great photo of the rims but you get the idea.

Yeah theyr the ones Sarnie :) Cheers.

As I thought they do look very nice & classy, almost the type you would see on an Aston /TVR or Alfa but I want a more aggresive look that IMO a 5 or 6 spoke design would give.

you gotta go with these then Ricky :teeth:

200.jpg

May have to Tim, then we can mix up the cars at the next meet! :wacko:

Nah we'll not mix them up, mines will be the clean one :teeth:

And the one with a load of crap attached to the dash :p

better than yours with it attached to the steering wheel :teeth:

With what attached to the steering wheel?

May have to Tim, then we can mix up the cars at the next meet! :wacko:

Nah we'll not mix them up, mines will be the clean one :teeth:

And the one with a load of crap attached to the dash :p

better than yours with it attached to the steering wheel :teeth:

With what attached to the steering wheel?

YOU........ you dickhead :teeth: