Deep scratch appeared on my new zed!

Squee

Any cats in the neighbourhood?

+1

Very, Very unlikely to be a cat, they simply don't have the strength or weight to scratch down to the metal and even if they did they can't just open one claw at a time so there would be some evidence of light parallel scratching. Seeing as your car is black there would also be very obvious footprints as well, I can always tell when one's been on my car :) .

Pete

I would agree Pete from my experience of the little frickers :dry:

• 1 month later...

Finally an update!

I had my Zed in at Middlehurst Nissan this week and whilst the head technician was looking at it I asked his opinion on the bump/dint and scratch.

His opinion is that at some stage something rather heavy landed on the bonnet which was filled and resprayed and, as the scratch appeared on a very hot day, the heat expanded and cracked.

Will hopefully be getting a respray within the next couple of months. Just in time for the winter :lol:

S.

Cheers guys! Yeah, can't wait to get it all sorted.

Bronzee - I'm planning on using my Zed over the winter if it remains mild. Won't be taking him out in the snow though, that's for sure! Do you put yours away in winter? You're in Auckland aren't you? Didn't think the winters were too bad there.

S.

Bronzee - I'm planning on using my Zed over the winter if it remains mild. Won't be taking him out in the snow though, that's for sure! Do you put yours away in winter? You're in Auckland aren't you? Didn't think the winters were too bad there.

Lol, no need over winter here as we don't have snow and it really doesn't get that cold comparatively. :thumbs: I try not to drive it when it's raining though, unless it's a club meet then will go out in the Z.